Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    dunno if this happened on the weekend already but as of today i was able to buy a veer on o2online.de

i checked there regularly and i am pretty sure last time was friday and it was only opening a "availability notification registration" lightbox but not going to the cart.

today it did and voila now i have a veer on the way claiming delivery in 2-3 workdays.

bwahah, thank you! I was there yesterday and it still asked for my emaiil to send me a notification when it becomes available.

haven't gotten that notification yet... So you're quicker than O2j
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    haven't gotten that notification yet... So you're quicker than O2j
    yeah i was wondering too because i didnt get a notify either, that is why i am kind of curious if it will really go trough...

btw, i got my order confirmation email and its still claiming 2-3 workdays

and i rang up a o2 retail store (not a o2 partner store) and asked them how would be the quickest possible way to buy it and they said its most likely online and it happens that people receive their delivery even before the shop could order it for its stock.
    I'm going to place an order for my girlfriend later tonight, also curious whether it'll be there "on time".

What I also want to know is whether o2 will be true to their word as stated here: Der Gesamtpreis beträgt 379 Euro inklusive der HP Touchstone Ladestation.

I'm fairly certain they won't.
  5.    #5  
    oups i was taking that for granted and somehow i oversaw the fact that the touchstone is not mentioned at all on the product page... gnarf...

if i get it first will post unbox pic, if no touchstone o2 will receive mail
    It looks like it's asking for an e-mail address again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    It looks like it's asking for an e-mail address again.
    uhm nope i just retried and it went right into the cart. o2 online - Mobilfunk, Handys, Mobiles Internet, DSL, Festnetz, Musik & Fun -> Handys -> Alle Handys -> Veer -> Direkt zur Kasse

well strangely the first try resulted into a very ill layouted page but the second was a success
  8.    #8  
    this morning 6h27 got an automated mail from o2 stating that my oder is currently processed by the supplier including a link to the shipping status at "hermes" which is the usual logistic partner for o2 here in germany. guess i ll hold it in my hands in the next hours:

29.06.2011 09:22:00 Die Sendung befindet sich heute in der Zustellung.
    29.06.2011 06:49:44 Die Sendung ist an der zuständigen Hermes Zweigstelle eingetroffen.
    29.06.2011 04:15:19 Die Sendung ist an der zuständigen Hermes Niederlassung Nürnberg eingetroffen und wird für die Zustellung sortiert.
    28.06.2011 21:08:55 Die Sendung wurde angekündigt.
    28.06.2011 19:58:37 Die Sendung wurde am Hermes Zentral-HUB sortiert
  9.    #9  
    and here it is

CIMG0038.jpg

*with* touchstone

the box reads:

Inhalt der HP Veer-Box:
    - HP Veer-Smartphone
    - Touchstone-Ladestation
    - Ladegerät
    - microUSB-Kabel
    - Lade- und Synchronisierungskabel mit magnetischem Steckverbinder
    - Stereo.Kopfhörer
    - 3,5 mm Headset-Adapter
    - Kurzanleitung "Erste Schritte"
    - Gestenanleitung

and unboxing it... as usual (O.O) this device seems, feels and is damn small... but typing appears even better than on the plus to me
    Almost the same for me - but it's been "delivering" all day without actually getting delivered

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I bought two for that price plus change.
    I'm paying €30 a month for unlimited calling, unlimited sms and unlimited internet. Maybe it should also be noted that these are unlocked.
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Almost the same for me - but it's been "delivering" all day without actually getting delivered.

I'm paying €30 a month for unlimited calling, unlimited sms and unlimited internet. Maybe it should also be noted that these are unlocked.
    yeah theres always a way to calculate what you actually (will) pay for the device, and i admit that these EUR 380 are the regular o2 germany pricing which is higher than amazon for instance. i tend to pay for it like that because of

1) you can pay it during one or two years via o2 "my handy"
    2) you can receive it shipped but bring it back to a regular o2 store when you have issues instead of sending it back yourself to some strange online retailer

and i enjoy the unlockedness a lot, its my phone, i own it, i can throw any carrier at it i want to. i wish it would be like that everywhere on earth but many people seem to be ok with paying with freedom rather than money...
    And sure enough, here it is

Looks like two tinyphones sold in Germany
  13.    #14  
    unless proven false i consider you and me being the very first two qwertz veer owners on the planet =)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    unless proven false i consider you and me being the very first two qwertz veer owners on the planet =)
    Awesome!

Mine are unlocked too.
    I paid € 450 for two unlocked Veers. (that's with shipping and customs charges included).

I don't mean to gloat, but with the US Veer being a world-phone, it does make sense to get that version instead of the overpriced European one.
    Where are you? "Shipping charges" differ wildly between destinations. Even if they were shipped to Canada for $10, that does indeed seem like a nice price but they're undesirable devices to me as you'll never catch me riding QWERTY.

(It's all about QWERTZ, dude, QWERTZ. It won't do to be surrounded by one keyboard layout for the majority of your life and then to suddenly try and use another... on one device only.)

Plus, as gnark has mentioned, O2 MyHandy is a pretty sweet financing offer since there's no interest on it and can be repaid in full whenever you want.
  15.    #16  
    Mine are unlocked too.
    I paid € 450 for two unlocked Veers. (that's with shipping and customs charges included).

I don't mean to gloat, but with the US Veer being a world-phone, it does make sense to get that version instead of the overpriced European one.
    herewith your superior strategy has been acknowledged

still i don't feel bad, even if your veers (bad i have only one) should have no att branding (besides other potential carrier cripplings) and a qwertz board
    I'm directly to your left.
    GuyOnTheCouch?
    That IS pretty sweet. Congratulations on that deal

But my girlfriend got her Veer on a 24-month MyHandy contract, which translates to monthly payments of 15e. Definitely worth it for her because she's just after smashing her Pixi a few times too many (I fear for poor Veer's glass screen because she's a veritable electronics dropping machine) and a lump sum payment, even of the cheaper price, would've put her poor apprentice budget into dire straits indeed. Girl's gotta eat...
  18.    #19  
    hm mobile hotspot wont show in catalog nor installs via palm sms stating i have to update os first which is not possible. @god: does it install on yours? i wonder if its because i created the profile using an eplus sim which wasnt a problem at all on 1.4.5
    The girlfriend has the Veer now and I'll only see her again on sunday, so I'll check then.

But that's all kinds of weird, unless they've made an Enyo MobileHotspot app and the catalog is somehow trying to push that one to the Veer although the Enyo-enabling, touch-to-share-bringing OS update that we should get soon hasn't arrived yet, triggering the "update OS" notification.

<edit> ...and the Veer is back to shipping soon / "in Kürze" on the website. I've been tweeting with this guy who hasn't had any luck getting one and am kind of getting the idea that the Veer wasn't *supposed* to ship yet - like when some bookstores accidentally sold a few copies of Harry Potter books before they were supposed to officially go on sale.

So these two may, in fact, truly be the first two Veers to hit consumers in Germany since I haven't heard from anyone else who got one we might just have been the only two schmucks in the country to look at o2's well-hidden Veer page while it was mistakenly and prematurely offering the phone for sale.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 06/30/2011 at 06:39 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast