Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sausalito View Post
    The problem is to have pay app in catalog? Or every app?

Veer is official on O2 so it's certainly temporary
    The problem seems to be that the palm profile does not recognize the OS version. This might be solved with an OTA update to 2.1.2. Since the OS version is not recognized, the App store does not display any apps that have version requirements. This means that all SDK and paid apps and some free apps are not there.

Seems to be the same problem that some early Pre 2 owners had.

EDIT: Same thought from the two of us here :-D.

About the "palm mobile hotspot" it is not in the app store, but I was able to install it via Impostah and it works.
    Last edited by marbla; 07/03/2011 at 08:40 AM.
    I just read in this forum that someone who bought his veer in the US and actually live in europe just can't reach the AppCat for now. So I think that the problem occuring here is that the European App Cat is not open for now. Maybe with a true official release ?

Still, it reassure me, just a few days to wait and all we be just as normal
  3.    #43  
    jup but still GuyFromNam seem having two us veers in duty in europe having paid and os version specific apps in the catalog. the difference is, he runs un 2.1.2 while we who bought it here run 2.1.1 and our server side palm profile seem to be ill pointing to 9.9.9.

since the official launch seem to have happened, i wait a few days, yes
    ok, I'll post here how it goes for me when I receive my veer... in two days from now, something like tuesday.
  5.    #45  
    they already linked us from there so i link back
    Veer, allgemein - Hardware - Nexave Palmforum

hope here or there will pop up further hints to solve the app catalog / profile issue.

right now: still no os update available for me and my palm profile still reads 9.9.9

last posting at nexave indicates some support (o2 or hp?) is involved and they are investigating right now...
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Yeah, same here. I chatted with the HP support and sent a system dump from my phone. They promised that they'd call when there is news.
  7.    #47  
    the interesting question for me is: as the state of the profile on the server seems screwed, i am curious if fixing that ll require actions to be taken by us or the phone.

for instance, will a 2.1.2 meta doctored veer that logs into such a screwed profile fix it?

still for now i ll not participate in that experiment as i am not (yet!) going the homebrew way for now with the veer.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'll try that out once I get home tonight ;-)
  9.    #49  
    i couldnt stop myself from opening another support ticket at palm chat.

they are "aware" of the issue, there are a lot of cases and its a "problem with the operating system", they wanted (and got) my device log dump, they will come back to me "via phone call" when they have a solution. oki so now i am in the queue too

quote from chat:
    17:55 Sofia.C: Wir wissen, dass es viele Faelle dieses Problems gibt. Es geht um ein Problem des Betriebssystems.
    Last edited by gnark; 07/04/2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: chat quote added
    I see paid apps!!!
    prego
    marbla likes this.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Yup. They did it :-) Thanks HP!

P.S. The Hotspot is in the catalog.
  12.    #52  
    O.O

yeeeeeeeess!! my profile shows 2.1.1 hurray thanks, prego!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I guess we all bothered them enough to really get things moving :-D
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by marbla View Post
    I guess we all bothered them enough to really get things moving :-D
    yeah! i was mostly doing it because i was interested into the state and found it interesting that they already knew

also interesting: i use eplus instead of o2, so being dialed in there i wasnt able to download mobile hotspot, but switching to wifi i was instantly able to. and i can run it even being back on eplus now... hmm... cannot remember any issues like that on 1.4.5 except for the o2 turn by turn navigation, that was checking for o2 network on every app start.

i am happy!

except for... no free angry birds ...until now ...but ...wurst!
    Good news !

I was wondering: Are we eligible to the 50$ rebate with the TouchPad or is it only for americans ? And does it work until August with the white TouchPad being launch and all ?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Good news !

I was wondering: Are we eligible to the 50$ rebate with the TouchPad or is it only for americans ? And does it work until August with the white TouchPad being launch and all ?
    I recall reading somewhere else that it's US only for now - implying that the rebate should come to us in some form.
  17.    #57  
    being german i will be on holiday in scottland in a week for two week, which covers the tp launch window perfectly... so as the pound is pretty cheap right now i was asking myself if i should get one from there...

about the "making things right" thing for legacy device owners i am curious too if something happens here too... but the difference is, at least the german pre plus owners got a official 2.x upgrade...
    Just got my VEER this morning ! This is just an amazing little thingy and coming from iphone3GS I must say that I don't regret my choice!!!

The screen has just a very very good definition, and the OS experience is amazing!

And last but not least: by buying at computeruniverse you get a touchstone along with earplugs and all is of very very good quality !

The phone does not feel like a gadget but like a really professional smartphone!

Go for it! I definitely love it already!!
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Just got my VEER this morning ! This is just an amazing little thingy and coming from iphone3GS I must say that I don't regret my choice!!!

The screen has just a very very good definition, and the OS experience is amazing!

And last but not least: by buying at computeruniverse you get a touchstone along with earplugs and all is of very very good quality !

The phone does not feel like a gadget but like a really professional smartphone!

Go for it! I definitely love it already!!
    check the beginning of this thread, i posted pictures from the boxing (including the ts) i received from o2 germany. is it the same boxing??

i strongly suspect the ts to be included in all german veer packages

i know how you are feeling... since i got mine and each and every time i pull it out of my pocket i am surprised and pleased again and again how well this device was built, how small and cute it is and at the same time how professional and capable.

i use my pre plus too every here and then but now that one seems being a slow, big and weak built piece of hardware to me even if i know it is not
    Yes, it's exactly the same package that I got from computeruniverse

I'm really not disapointed to give up my iPhone, really!

The only thing that worry me is that living in France there are no Orange apps available^^

Nevertheless, I'm happy to see that we feel the same way: it means that this is a truely well built smartphone and if HP move its *** to sell to wider areas the VEER has some great days in front of him !

Funny thing: the app catalog's prices are in $ ...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast