Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    I like you because you're desperate for attention.

    Also, I wouldn't consider either a worthwhile replacement for Mobile Hotspot on a device that's supposed to be able to run it and a network that allows tethering.

    Then again, I just googled a bit and it seems like E-Plus actually does not allow tethering. Maybe that's the problem here? HP might have asked all German carriers for permission to let users install Mobile Hotspot, and only devices on those carriers that do allow tethering will be allowed to download the Hotspot. If true, it would seem like freetether, switching to a better carrier, or suicide are the only viable options here.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    The girlfriend has the Veer now and I'll only see her again on sunday, so I'll check then.
    thanks a bunch then and i am not in a hurry, the only bad would be if you or she did something else to the veer which might be another reason for not getting mhs before testing

    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    But that's all kinds of weird, unless they've made an Enyo MobileHotspot app and the catalog is somehow trying to push that one to the Veer although the Enyo-enabling, touch-to-share-bringing OS update that we should get soon hasn't arrived yet, triggering the "update OS" notification.
    hm i guess the "update your os" message is kind of abstract halt. if its a separate app for 2.x i am sure it exists already for its in use widely on the att devices. still it might be some catalog config issue for this "area". really really bad would be if i screwed it by creating the profile with a non-o2 sim which would be rather odd as i know i am very allowed to tether on eplus. but thats why i would be happy if you check first assuming you actvated with an o2 sim.

    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    <edit> ...and the Veer is back to shipping soon / "in Kürze" on the website. I've been tweeting with this guy who hasn't had any luck getting one and am kind of getting the idea that the Veer wasn't *supposed* to ship yet - like when some bookstores accidentally sold a few copies of Harry Potter books before they were supposed to officially go on sale.

    So these two may, in fact, truly be the first two Veers to hit consumers in Germany since I haven't heard from anyone else who got one we might just have been the only two schmucks in the country to look at o2's well-hidden Veer page while it was mistakenly and prematurely offering the phone for sale.
    actually it *never stopped* stating "in kürze", the only thing that changed on monday was that you could go to the cart all the sudden and not only to the dead end email notify dialog. and i tested just again and it is still like that, so as i see it: everybody can buy it.

    still no doubt about something is not perfect in line at veer/o2germany at least with the editorial setup: a) it stills states "soon" and not "now" and b) they dont even mention the touchstone, so think right now somebody is not really "caring" there right now.

    which might be part of the reason why we dont see mhs... because somebody didnt really "care" until now.

    actually... i just found out, that there is hell of a lot missing in my catalog, a short search for nfs, monopoly or any angry birds app results in zero hits.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You could try installing freeTether, or Meta-Doctor the AT&T firmware.
    yeah, as said, theres plenty of options once i start homebrew but for now i wait with that

    and i fear doctoring it to att as it might develop a branding on the back cover or two keys might jump out of place ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Also, I wouldn't consider either a worthwhile replacement for Mobile Hotspot on a device that's supposed to be able to run it and a network that allows tethering.

    Then again, I just googled a bit and it seems like E-Plus actually does not allow tethering. Maybe that's the problem here? HP might have asked all German carriers for permission to let users install Mobile Hotspot, and only devices on those carriers that do allow tethering will be allowed to download the Hotspot. If true, it would seem like freetether, switching to a better carrier, or suicide are the only viable options here.
    well i probably have to read a lot of small prints but my opinion is, that talking to the hotline and asking them for if it is allowed and them replying "yes" should mean "yes".

    i dont even believe there is much sense in a prohibition here because in germany most dataplans have a limit and after that your speed gets lowered to plain gsm speed, so when i buy that biiig data pack, when i am allowed to tether and when there is no reason to restrict it, it should work, right?

    at least it was not a problem at all for me with my pre- and my pre+ both bought at o2 and activated and run on eplus.

    probably hp changed the way your app catalog filters what you see and what not and until now that was not carrier depending here. anyways as said i dont see pdk apps either (thats what how i interpret what i see at least) and i hope it will change soon.

    but if you (god) tell me, that you see all angry birds and mhs on a profile created on an o2 card i can recreate my profile too with a o2 card, but if you say nay you see the same i ll wait

    suicide is not an option here

    switching to o2 is long planned and will be done next year but until then i expect to enjoy products that i pay for regarding both device and connectivity
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Two keys will definitely jump out of place.
    Will need Meta-Doctor to correct that.
    "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not an... um... well, I'm a software doctor!"
  4. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #24  
    I was lucky enough to win a Veer from HP Germany that I activated in Germany with my O2 sim card. For some reason I can't access payed apps even though I should be able (Impostah query shows everything being okay).

    Any other experiences?
  5. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #25  
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. I think I found the problem: My palm profile shows OS version 9.9.9. instead of 2.1.1

    I am not sure if there is anything I can do about the whole situation, maybe my profile is outdated...
    Last edited by marbla; 07/02/2011 at 03:59 AM.
  6. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #26  
    I did already (new profile and all) and I had a wonderful conversation with the palm tech support. Seems that my serial does not check out. Don't see much I can do about that.

    About 2.1.2 it doesn't come up for my European Veer...

    After reading the other users with o2 phones (I got mine directly from HP on Wednesday) I think we must have gotten our phones before everything is officially activated. So hopefully things will start working when the phone is officially introduced on monday.
  7. #27  
    Hello!
    Do you know what languages are available in deutch Veer?

    And Stone is include in all deutch package? Or only if you order it from O2??

    Thanks
  8. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sausalito View Post
    Hello!
    Do you know what languages are available in deutch Veer?

    And Stone is include in all deutch package? Or only if you order it from O2??

    Thanks
    German, English, Spanish, French and Italian.

    As far as I can tell the touchstone is always in the package.
  9. #29  
    Great thanks!
  10.    #30  
    i made pics of the pack, ts is included, and i bet there are no "stripped down" packages

    the official veer launch in germany is on monday?

    so we are 3 now with a german pre-release-delivered veer now??

    os is 2.1.1, i can confirm i do not see paid apps either,
    can godShapedHole and marbly confirm that there is no pdk apps like angry birds and no mobile hotspot?

    if so... i am happy to wait...

    (damn i fell completely in love with the device in my pocket and in my hand, when i pick up my plus for looking up old text or setting it looks and feels like a huge brick in my hand, my battery lasts 2 days almost O.O)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    2.1.2
    Paid euro apps
    Angry Birds
    Mobile Hotspot

    thanks ...but it would be of more value for me if the german veer owners raport their info... but again your obvious superior status is acknowledged and admired
  12.    #32  
    ah wait i have a question for you guy: does the mobile facebook webapp work on your veer browser (x.facebook.com)?
  13. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #33  
    That's odd, I have the same problem with the touch facebook profile not loading. Who knows what's up there...
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    so we are 3 now with a german pre-release-delivered veer now??
    +1; same problem here. more users (2) in a german forum (nexave) have the problem too.

    I thinks it's no official release yet. The uk-pre2 had same problem when users activate it in german last time. It was fixed soon.

    .no paid apps
    .webOS 2.1.1
    .palm-profil os 9.9.9

    I think it'll be fixed soon because of the official release - but i don't know what we've to do? Wait, reboot, reset ....
    Last edited by prego; 07/03/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    prego
  15. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #35  
    Reset, reboot and new profiles don't improve the matter. It really seems to be a server side problem. Maybe we need to be updated to 2.1.2 before things work. That should be an OTA though.
    You can install your previously installed apps and free pdk apps via Impostah by entering the app id in the georestricted app thingy in the 'app store' section.
  16. #36  
    Hello guys. New here. In fact, I just bought mine from computeruniverse in germany and what I read here make me wonder: should I cancel my order ?

    Do you think computerunivers's veers will have this same problem you're talking about ?
  17. marbla's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Hello guys. New here. In fact, I just bought mine from computeruniverse in germany and what I read here make me wonder: should I cancel my order ?

    Do you think computerunivers's veers will have this same problem you're talking about ?
    Very likely since mine is straight from HP. But I'd wager that the problems should be resolved very soon...
  18. #38  
    So this is an Europa only issue ? Since AT&T's Veer owners have no pb w/ their phone as far as we know...

    Since you bought it directly from HP, I assume you did ask them about it. Did they say something relevant ?
  19. #39  
    The problem is to have pay app in catalog? Or every app?

    Veer is official on O2 so it's certainly temporary
  20.    #40  
    i d like to call it lauch synchrinization glitches. it seems like we got our german veers "too early". i expect it to be solved within days and most liekely without anything to be done on our side.

    worst case scenario is that we have to recreate our profile but i dont think so.

    still again the question to GodShapedHole, marbla, prego (all the ones with 2.1.1 in germany):

    do you see "palm mobile hotspot" in the app catalog???

    thank you for confiriming the facebook web app issue. i suspect it to be some device profiling issue, i guess it would work with some kind of user agent spoof. sometimes it loads normally but whenever it trys to pull some ajax updates it ll switch to "Verbindungsfehler". the desktop version of the site still works pretty well
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions