webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > veer forum is pretty boring.
veer forum is pretty boring.

Old 06/26/2011, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

seems that the veer forum is getting stagnant. not much happening. im wondering if the veer is not gaining much traction.

dont get me wrong, the veer seems to be a good phone but just not much for gaining new interest.
c_legaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
seems that the veer forum is getting stagnant. not much happening. im wondering if the veer is not gaining much traction.

dont get me wrong, the veer seems to be a good phone but just not much for gaining new interest.
I come here each day to see whats new and was thinking the same thing. I have been holding off getting my wife a Veer (switching from Sprint to AT&T) because the forum is so quiet. HP isn't doing anything and Precentral is pretty quiet. . . .almost spells death of the Veer.
WarHorn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

HP is slamming Twitter and other social networks with large-phone slams. They are are also putting the Veer in their TouchPad displays. I have seen more Veer ads than iPhone ads lately.

If the Veer was a piece of junk, this forum would be slammed with threads saying so. To be honest, the silence is a good thing.
bobsentell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
riw

I like mine a lot. People who look at mine like it a lot.
riw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
To be honest, the silence is a good thing.
Just like it's a good thing with the Kyocera Echo forums on androidcentral?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
IcerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
HP is slamming Twitter and other social networks with large-phone slams. They are are also putting the Veer in their TouchPad displays. I have seen more Veer ads than iPhone ads lately.

If the Veer was a piece of junk, this forum would be slammed with threads saying so. To be honest, the silence is a good thing.
Bob, I think we are saying more about not getting traction yet than the phone being bad (its not). I dont see lots of new Veer owners posting so I wonder if the ads are making a splash. When the Pre came out, there was a pretty good stream of new folks but I am just guessing by activity the quiet is more because we who have a Veer have said what we have to say.

We will see when the Touchpad comes out, but until Touch to Share is enabled, the Veer wont appeal to a new crowd just because there is a Touchpad made by the same company.
Old 06/26/2011, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
Bob, I think we are saying more about not getting traction yet than the phone being bad (its not). I dont see lots of new Veer owners posting so I wonder if the ads are making a splash. When the Pre came out, there was a pretty good stream of new folks but I am just guessing by activity the quiet is more because we who have a Veer have said what we have to say.

We will see when the Touchpad comes out, but until Touch to Share is enabled, the Veer wont appeal to a new crowd just because there is a Touchpad made by the same company.
It could be that HP's target audience of the Veer may not be forum visiting nerds. Remember, HP is not trying to beat the iPhone with the Veer. It's just a small piece of a larger strategy. HP sells more PCs than any other company, yet Apple has a larger "vocal" fan-base. You can't judge the success or failure of a product based solely on forum activity.

Also, my wife has had one for over a month and I recently got one and I spend more time in the TouchPad forum than in this one. Unless I have a major problem with it, I probably will still spend little time in this subforum.
Thanked By: LordSecksie
Old 06/26/2011, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
It could be that HP's target audience of the Veer may not be forum visiting nerds. Remember, HP is not trying to beat the iPhone with the Veer. It's just a small piece of a larger strategy. HP sells more PCs than any other company, yet Apple has a larger "vocal" fan-base. You can't judge the success or failure of a product based solely on forum activity.

Also, my wife has had one for over a month and I recently got one and I spend more time in the TouchPad forum than in this one. Unless I have a major problem with it, I probably will still spend little time in this subforum.
The fact that "forum visiting nerds" aren't talking is still a gauge on who has this phone. I doubt the masses have gone to the app catalog, seen slim pickings, and went back to their lives without googling something to see if they can do more to their phone.

How many Veer owners have you personally come across (that weren't selling the phone)? Can we judge success of failure based on that AND forum activity?
Old 06/26/2011, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
The fact that "forum visiting nerds" aren't talking is still a gauge on who has this phone. I doubt the masses have gone to the app catalog, seen slim pickings, and went back to their lives without googling something to see if they can do more to their phone.

How many Veer owners have you personally come across (that weren't selling the phone)? Can we judge success of failure based on that AND forum activity?
I don't make it a habit to ask people what phone they own. I do know I bought the last Veer my local Best Buy had on hand (however many that is). I have never run across anyone selling their Veer.

By owning an iPhone, you are proclaiming to the world "I have an iPhone." By owning a Veer, you are probably not being vocal on your phone choices.
Old 06/26/2011, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think it's probably pretty hard to gauge success by forum activity, but I think the lack of upset people here is probably a good thing. It may not be selling like crazy, but at least those that have one are happy with it.
Old 06/26/2011, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think the Veer rocks and would love one, but yes like many am waiting for the Pre 3 to keep me going. One of the other forums mentioned the Pre 3 on Verizon was delayed till fall...yikes that's a huge damper on my camp fire.

My wife and I both checked out the Veer at Best Buy and she wants one REALLY Bad! Love the size, fit in her pocket, and everything about it. Actually, I found the keyboard very usable and MUCH better then my Sprint Pre. Only thing it was missing was a front-facing camera that would be very useful for Video Chat and Skype.

If Verizon gets the Veer, we may leave Sprint and head over there. Sorli...
sorli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't think its just the veer forums that are quiet. All of precentral is quiet as we are all waiting in limbo.

yes, the touchpad is coming- but we all came here because of smartphones. The veer is only on one carrier, not really an upgrade in hardware or software, and is too small for most smartphone users these days
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 09:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Waiting for touchpad with my Veer no worries guys, Veer is great phone. I sold my iPhone 4 and got the Veer, sold iPad 2 and ordered TouchPad. The WebOS 3 and iPad competitor is coming thats why everyone gone "dark".
iverieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

lack of posts in a user support forum tells me that veer owners are happy and have relatively fewer issues to ask about...
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Rkguy
Old 06/26/2011, 09:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

People are far more likely to post complaints to a forum than praises.
bbycrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 12:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Can someone help post how to videos for using the veer to youtube. I'd like to cull all of them into a central page somewhere. I've started posting a ton of how-tos (mostly for noobs) at my youtube page. Let me know if you have been posting any or want to.

YouTube - ‪rubenkz's Channel‬‏
Old 06/27/2011, 03:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

I love my Veer, I'm waiting for Pre 3 launch and review, but I'm not sure to buy Pre3.. I think I'll wait for the slab WebOS phone and TouchPad7.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 07:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Maybe the forums are boring because the Veer is not boring. Been waiting since the Pre came out to have a WebOS phone in Bulgaria. Now I have a Veer and it does all I expected! It communicates voice and 3G here, small enough to not get in the way, and again I have some the Palm PDA type software again my phone, i.e. Simple Bible and looking for more.

I spend less time looking at the forums and more time using my Veer.

clp
clpyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 07:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You guys are boring me, I'm gonna head over to applecentral.com and NOT make a new thread just to stick it to 'em.

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Mike5, sketch42
Old 06/27/2011, 07:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

hm probably most threads will be aiming general webos forums and not device specific sub forums unless its a concrete issue with only that specific hardware?
gnark is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sketch42

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0