Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think it's probably pretty hard to gauge success by forum activity, but I think the lack of upset people here is probably a good thing. It may not be selling like crazy, but at least those that have one are happy with it.
    I've just about had it with this Veer. I'm getting sick and tired that I had to go to the AT&T store like 3,141,592 times just to get it working. The thing is too small, paint finish keeps sliding off my hand, and I just can't get the glass to scratch up. I'm also unhappy that I'm not getting my beloved oreos. Oreos are delicious.

I love webOS but this hardware is just plain crap. I'm going to get myself an EVO 3D and call it a day. Good bye webOS, it's been a good run, and would love to come back some day.

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think it's probably pretty hard to gauge success by forum activity, but I think the lack of upset people here is probably a good thing. It may not be selling like crazy, but at least those that have one are happy with it.
    I agree. In my short time (2 years) on this forum, when things are active here on the forums, it is generally because people we are complaining about stuff. So, to me, people aren't finding too many things to complain about.

Furthermore, though there are forums for each webOS device, IMO, the site has become more of a webOS hub. There was tons of activity on the forums when this phone release was imminent and shortly thereafter (as there is now for the TouchPad & as there will be for the Pre 3). Now, the activity will come from HP/webOS support--new apps, webOS 3.0, TTS, etc. Those things that effect the phone will create activity on these forums.

For example, HP just changed the app catalog--that has created discussion.
    I think it is boring because the Veer is very solid and works smoothly. Great size for my tastes, keyboard works well, and it's pretty snappy and responsive, much better than my Pre Minus. Also, the battery lasts all day with lots of constant use. I left Sprint for this phone leaving behind an Evo after my Pre died. Honestly, I just don't have anything to say. No questions and no problems which is very boring, but very good. We aren't used to things working smoothly on this forum so we don't know how to handle it.

Anyone on the fence, if you are open to such a small form factor and like WebOS, I would definitely give it a shot. I was waiting for the Pre 3, but now I think it would be too large.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    And yes, Veer forum ís boring.
    Also boring: 30,000+ posts in forums for devices that haven't even been released.
    Lol.
    BTW: What is Veer?
    Silence is a *good* thing on this forum. It's the sound of detractors not finding all that much to complain about that isn't easily and quickly rebutted. My girlfriend's Veer just arrived at the doorstep and wow... I was never in the camp that felt that the original Pre felt flimsy, it just didn't really feel high-end - but the Veer does. It's just rock solid (or maybe pebble solid).
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Lol.
    BTW: What is Veer?
    Who are you?
    we could happily open a "veer screen does not black out" thread... if it does not strike us... hm boring too...
    How about a Veer behaved just like it should have today thread, where we all post "my Veer behaved just like it shpuld have today", every day?

Or one where we ignore reality and complain about the terrible oreo effect, TMC errors and constant crashing? Just to spice things up a bit and break the boredom.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I would gladly live in a world where all of my gadgets are as boring as my Veer. Knock on wood...
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Trouble related posts were merged and now I can't find them. The ability to rate threads has been removed. These are a couple of reasons it's boring. I'd love to find the post that's speculated about the dissapointing after-the-facts-defined 'soft launch' of the Veer. The hopeful speculation had the premise that when the touchpad was launched, tts would be working and an 'o by the way' by HP would show that tts works with the already launched Veer that no one heard of.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12