webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Micro sim adapter
Micro sim adapter

Old 06/25/2011, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey I am wondering if anyone has used a micro sim adapter to put the sim from an iphone4 into the veer. If so, which adapter did you use?
brendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2011, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just lined it up and slid it in. Have had no issues so far.
bobsentell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
I just lined it up and slid it in. Have had no issues so far.
Just curious, have you ever tried removing it? I need to be able to go back to the iPhone. I just want to play with the veer.
brendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm using a micro sim adapter from microsim-shop.com... works great... I just had to trim a little bit of bezel holding to sim card in the tray as it would make it too thick and too tight in the Veer... hence make it harder to pull out...

with that little mod, it works like a charm.
Old 06/26/2011, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendu View Post
Just curious, have you ever tried removing it? I need to be able to go back to the iPhone. I just want to play with the veer.
I have a dental pick in my electronics tool box. It pops right out.
bobsentell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2011, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
I'm using a micro sim adapter from microsim-shop.com... works great... I just had to trim a little bit of bezel holding to sim card in the tray as it would make it too thick and too tight in the Veer... hence make it harder to pull out...

with that little mod, it works like a charm.
I thought they advertise it as the same length and thickness. I guess it has to be a little thick to house the micro sim. Thanks!
rperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2011, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I now have an adapter, but in the past I would just take a mini sim (regular sim found in most phones) and use an x-acto knife to cut out a spot for the micro-sim. Worked great.
ashykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2011, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I replaced mine with a regular sim. Just go to aT&T and request a new one. They are free.
Old 07/28/2011, 12:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
I replaced mine with a regular sim. Just go to aT&T and request a new one. They are free.
But he said he needs to be able to go back to the iPhone 4, so he'd have to switch every time. The micro-sim adapter would fulfill that need.
ashykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have tried to use micro sim adapter, and it damaged my Sim card slot.
when i pulled out, it is stuck.

I'm not recommend to use micro sim adapter.
And then i bought another white Veer, while my white Veer with error in sim card slot, i put it at my drawer.. would like to send it to US to have it swap.
ddut80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 03:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Same here, just damaged my white Veer by using a sim adaptor. Luckily I also got a black one at the fire sale, I'm just gonna play it safe and use that stupid iPhone 4 sim by itself.

No idea why Apple had to use that stupid tiny non-standard sim card in iPhone 4.... There are lots of other smaller and/or thinner phones that use a standard sim card just fine!! Apple engineers must be doing something wrong there.
aimfire72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 02:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

I just got my Veer today, and I used a MicroSIM adapter to use my iP4 SIM in it. Only problem is that I can't seem to get the adapter/SIM out of the Veer! I have no clue how one is supposed to remove the SIM, and I've been Googling all night.

So, I ask..how are you supposed to remove the SIM from this little guy??
benjybl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 03:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

you press the sim into the slot and it should come out a little.
somline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 09:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Be careful. I did the same thing with the MicroSim adapater. Like the above poster said, make sure it's in the released position (press down firmly and let go). I eventually was able to pull it out but I damaged some tiny little wires inside. After this, the sim card slot did not work very well. I had to return the HP Veer and got a new replacement.

I went to AT&T and got a regular SIM card. I thought I would miss my iPhone 4 but so far I haven't gone back.

I read a post her that someone shaved a little part on the adapter and he didn't have any problems after that. Search in the HP Veer forum.

Just be careful. If you don't feel good doing it, I would take it to AT&t and have them do it for you. So, if something would happened to it, they might replace it for you in there. Good luck.

Last edited by rperalta; 09/07/2011 at 09:52 AM.
rperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 10:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

<<Threads merged>>

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0