Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 01:01 AM.
    Sorry about that. They were driving splinters under my fingernails. I HAD to give up your GPS loc.
    I see pandas.
    Hp did announce that georestrictions would be gone with the launch of the touch pad.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Anyone tested on a 1.4.5 app catalog? Would be interesting to check on my Pre-.
    This is a good sign for the Touchpad. Buying it to use in the Netherlands. So most likely no need anymore to activate it in official country!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Hp did announce that georestrictions would be gone with the launch of the touch pad.
    This is not true for what he said in Berlin webOSconnect:
    You can choose the Country you want to belong.
    This Country must be one HP is selling phones/tablets.
    You need a creditcard from this country.
    At least this is what I remember he said.
    <thread cleaned>
    Great find GFN! Glad to see this finally coming to fruition!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This is not true for what he said in Berlin webOSconnect:
    You can choose the Country you want to belong.
    This Country must be one HP is selling phones/tablets.
    You need a creditcard from this country.
    At least this is what I remember he said.
    I see. Perhaps I didn't understand the true definition of georestrictions. At least now it should be a lot easier to gain access to georestricted applications.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    OK, so no go on my old Pre, but most likely a go on my future Touchpad activated in the Netherlands. Hopefully they continue to support Dutch credit cards, when choosing activation country as UK or Germany, like they do now in 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to have lifted all restrictions. I'm still getting "This application is not available for your carrier" on my unlocked 2.1 Pre 2, in Ireland (supported country).
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    this is an amazing news, I hope send a tip to precentral and webOS round up.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Can people in Europe use something else like paypal for buying american apps, I bet its very hard to get a American CC.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Finally!!!!
    waiting for app catalog to be opened for Asian people... I want to buy Angry Birds for Veer
    I guess if you get prepaid american CC, one can use US app catalog.
    Strange.....

My palm profile says language English, country United Kingdom. Yet my Veer has only access to the US app catalog. I don't know how I can change to UK by your description. When I first start the Veer I can only choose between English and Spanish as a language, and that's it.
    Note that the credit/debit card must have an official registered billing address in the specified country. 99.9999% of online cards do not qualify. Do not randomly suggest one until you have tested it. The Simon Malls cards are the only ones I know of that work for the US.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    First of all thanks a lot for the nice find!

Would have a question if you don't mind: this works when you are either able to create a profile on a device that is European and has European countries listed when you first activates it or if you have already an European profile like you did?

I had a UK profile I created long time ago I was fixing a Pre for a friend. When I logged in with that one, all the prices were in dollars and only accepted US or Canadian CCs.

I created a new profile, only to see what would have happened. Got the choice between US or Canada as country. No other listed. Fair enough, the Veer is not yet out in Europe.

Now, I want really badly to buy some apps but stuck in the US market with no way to buy anything.

Would a brand new profile, European one, created now on a Pre legally European be of any help? Like somebody creating the profile on his/her UK Pre and then I can login with that one, change email & pass and use an European CC? Assumed my original "UK" profile would have worked like yours did...

Thanks a lot,
    Ka.
    You can use Impostah to create a new profile in any launch country.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast