Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tacka View Post
    I selected United States and English language. Hmmm... so is it possible to use Impostah and get paid apps? I have to create new profile?

Thanks!
    You need to use Impostah the very first time the device is involved in the creation of or login to a Palm Profile.

After that, you're screwed.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    so i have to wait for the updated appcatalog for Pre2, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The Legacy of Palm: There Is No System...
    Ok for legacy device like pre- but here they are speaking about a Pre 2....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...im-europe.html
    The mystery continues.

I just realized the white Veer Palm Profile is not UK English at all. It's Spanish

So...
    US activated Veer showing the US AppCat and dollars one day starts showing the UK AppCat with pounds.
    The only reason that seems remotely plausible is the UK language settings selected when logging into this profile.

(I found out because the promo codes provided with a new Veer are... ehr... geo-restricted!)
    to HP/Palm (Dumb and Dumber)
    Well you said it yourself...

You do get everything first....

Couldn't help it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Where can I choose English (UK)? In Regional Settings -> Language, there are only English and Espanol.
    On my previous Pre 2, when I tap English, it shows two options (US and UK). But there is none on the Veer
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is it a US Veer? Then you're stuck with US English or Spanish (Mexico).
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't know if it means anything, but I'm just saying.
    I have an unlocked EU Pre2, activated in my country that is not supported (I only get the free apps) and today while changing views in the App Catalog I got a strange thing (see screenshot).
    After changing again views, it went back to normal. I then loaded the App Catalog again after some time and I managed to repeat the strange screen with the hieroglyphic letters and the Euro values.
    It probably means nothing, but I'm a webOS user and I'm used to hoping for something to happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well I didn't have any currency before as I only get free apps listed.
    So I guess it must be good news (please tell me it is)
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Language: English

I believe that's what I chose when I first got it right?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    My language options in Regional Settings are Deutsch, English, Espanol, Francais and Italiano. I chose the UK English because I have a EU Pre2.
    Of course my language is not supported.
    So what I should contact them for? Am I missing something?

All very intelligent manual labor, I assume
    You're an evil man, sir.
    I got an activated Veer from the US.
    First I activated and created a new UK profile by Impostah, Catalog gives US paid app.
    Then I use my old UK profile with purchased App from Pre 2 on the Veer, then the Catalog of US activated Veer shows UK Paid app!

Things I am going to test:
    Use the new UK profile on Pre 2 and purchase some apps, then take it back to the Veer.
    Last edited by kiukiukiu; 07/10/2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Use the new UK profile on Pre 2 and purchase some apps, then take it back to the Veer.

-> It doesn't work........US Catalog still......

Next test:
    Create a UK profile by Pre 2, then sign-in using the new profile on Veer

P.S. My Pre 2 is locked to UK Catalog, My current location is Hong Kong
    Last edited by kiukiukiu; 07/10/2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Yay! It WORKS!

I created a new UK profile on Pre 2 and downloaded Spotify (free app UK-only), then sign-in using the new profile on Veer. It shows UK paid app catalog now!

Obviously there are something different between Profile created by Impostah and on a Palm device
    Last edited by kiukiukiu; 07/10/2011 at 07:56 AM.
    I have just experimented with this. I have an unlocked EU Pre 2 that was activated in Australia. I only have free apps available in the App Catalog and if I use Impostah, I can see my country as AU.

My original profile is English (USA) and Country USA - free apps only.

I created a new profile and selected English (UK) and Country England. I can see paid apps with Euro currency. However, my credit card is not accepted. (Hopefully bank won't be calling tomorrow to inform me that someone was trying to access my card in the UK). lol.

I then created another new profile and selected English (US) and Country USA, as with my first profile to see if any changes are applied only to new profiles. I could still only see free apps.

There is still no option to select Australia as my country. I think that this will change when the TouchPad is released here. So, when that happens, I think that I will need to create yet another profile so as it is set to Australia.

So, my take on this is that some changes have been made....if you select English (UK) and England you can see the paid apps even if you didn't activate your device in the UK. However, the changes have not yet been completed since I cannot yet see the USA paid apps with a USA profile.
    Hopefully it won't be too long now until this process has been completed.
    I think it applies to Veer ONLY
    My point was that something has changed in my Pre 2 as well. I previously couldn't see paid apps and now I can if I use a UK profile.
    I think HP is SLOWLY working on removing the Geo-restriction.......
    Well, it may be removed in the coming......monthsssssssssss
    Yes....well, I believe that we will get it here (in Australia) shortly since the TouchPad is being released here (in the coming months).
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Yay! It WORKS!

I created a new UK profile on Pre 2 and downloaded Spotify (free app UK-only), then sign-in using the new profile on Veer. It shows UK paid app catalog now!

Obviously there are something different between Profile created by Impostah and on a Palm device
    Please use the Palm Profile scene in Impostah to save both of those profiles to json files and PM me with them.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Then I use my old UK profile with purchased App from Pre 2 on the Veer, then the Catalog of US activated Veer shows UK Paid app!
    did you already have a credit card linked to your Pre2 UK profile?

The first profile I tried on my Veer was a UK profile I created looong time ago on a DE Pre. A friend had asked me to fix the carrier settings to include his "unknown provider" and I had to create a profile to test it. Among the languages choices in the phone there was English and it's what I always set my phone to.

Still, this same UK profile on my Veer showed the US app catalog and no way to add a EU credit card.

Ka.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast