Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ...but the Veer still shows prices in Dollars... Just tried creating a Spanish profile with Impostah. Still dollars in app catalog
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Same Veer - two AppCats (two different profiles obviously)

Dollars

Pounds
    Question: can you access apps purchased using one app catalogue from the other profile?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Question: can you access apps purchased using one app catalogue from the other profile?
    Of course not.

Have a think about the impact on app piracy if that was the case ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Of course not.

Have a think about the impact on app piracy if that was the case ...

-- Rod
    Thanks. I was thinking from the same device. Reason I asked was I was wondering if I would be able to share with my wife's Touchpad when she gets it. Much like how we share the laptop, one set of apps, but both profiles can use them.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking from the same device. Reason I asked was I was wondering if I would be able to share with my wife's Touchpad when she gets it. Much like how we share the laptop, one set of apps, but both profiles can use them.
    webOS devices only support one profile at a time, and erase all apps and data when you change profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well, I just triedto use Impostah to change my profile to a profile with a UK locale, no change. I even used Impostah to create a new profile with location UK and language English but still no change.

It keeps getting locked to the US app catalog. Either my Veers profile or profile system is broken, or there hasn't been a change. Or perhaps its not pushed to all devices yet.
    Whats the version of your App Catalog? Hope this geo restrictions falls soon. Just got me a used UK Pre2 which someone with lack of knowledge activated in Austria. So stupid that one can't reset this first activation.
    You can run this as a test.

Create a new Hotmail account.
    Run Full Erase on your Veer.
    Create a new UK English Palm Profile with the new e-mail address.

I would think this is a server-side update, so not pushed. They just pulled a switch.
    I used Impostah to reactivate my already activated device with a new Gmail account and set it to UK English. When I do a full erase, I need to enter a palm profile which will be set at US English (since that's the only setting the Veer has) After that I use Impostah to set it to UK English? But I've already applied that procedure except the full erase (not sure if that's going to make a difference since the phone will be registered to US English at boot)

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    New test scenario:
    - create a new UK English profile on a secondary device (Pre/Plus/2)
    Can somebody please create a dummy UK account on a old Pre/ecc for me?
    In case it's ok, please use the below email address:
    palm@ipefix.org
    use any pass you want but please send it to my email above.

Thanks a lot,
    Ka.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaSt View Post
    palm@ipefix.org

Thanks a lot,
    Ka.
    I've got an old Pre- It's running webOS 2 so I'm not sure it will work. I'll try it myself first, if it works, I'll make an account for you ok?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    That would be awesome! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaSt View Post
    palm@ipefix.org

Thanks a lot,
    Ka.
    Use GMail, you can create unlimited number of profiles with one email. Add +(suffix) (e.g. if your email is user@gmail.com, put user+os2@gmail.com as the profile email).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks, that is actually my domain on gmail
    Yeah the same trick should still work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have here a pre- running 2.1 activated in Swiss on O2 Germany.
    No paid appcatalog.
    Can I be of any help here?
    This doesn't work on a Pre -. Already checked it on 1.4.5 and 2.1.
    OK thanks. I thought I read something about pre-.
    Good thing I you just posted it. I was just going to reset. That would've been the 4th time or so. I'd rather not do it again and since you already tested it I won't have to. So KaSt, it seems be need another way out to get the UK app catalog. It's strange how the 'GuyFromNam' gets everything first Updates, now app catalog changes.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    @GuyFromNam on your UK profile you already had a Credit Card stored?

I first created a Palm profile looooooong time ago when I fixed the carrier file on a friend's German Pre. I had to choose a language, among the ones availables (EU Pre) I chose English.

I used the same profile on the Veer I got last week. The Veer shows everything in dollars and ask for a US card. No matter if I use the UK profile, the US I created afterwards on the phone, nor the Spanish one I created on the phone by changing a few parms with Impostah.

Conclusion? Maybe none, but if GuyFromNam had already a UK credit card on his UK profile, the card is valid, the app catalog wouldn't have to ask for more than the profile password when buying an app. Hence it went to the UK catalog.

In my case, no matter which profile I use I have no card assigned to the profile. When I way to buy something then the "save your payment details" page appears. Being a US phone it defaults to US & Canadian cards and skips other countries.

Possible solution: get hold of an old EU Pre, login with my UK profile, add my billing info on the Pre which will list the country I live in, then use the same profile on the Veer and see what happens.

Either I find someone I could send a prepaid UK CC number and we do the test like this or I better go on Ebay to find an old Pre to use once.

Or maybe this is completely nonsense and I'm only wasting your time.

or the emulator? Can I enter credit card details in the emu? Never fired it, maybe time to check.

Thanks,
    Ka.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks GuyFromNam...
    did another test, just to see. Did an erase of my Veer, followed the "Global App Catalog" procedure here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html and created a UK profile. Tried the App Catalog, still US. Rebooting it now to check.
    Otherwise I'll just revert to my initial profile and Amen. Looking for a cheap Pre on Ebay to add CC details on UK Pre. Maybe that'll work...

Thanks,
    Ka.
    Some how I can't create a new profile on my pre- with WebOS 2...trying to doctor it back to WebOS 1.4.5

We'll see what happens....
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast