Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I experience slowdown almost every time I open my email. Everything stops for few sec, after that I can switch to other apps, but email app is still frozen.

Eventually, after 5-10sec it restores to normal. I haven't been able to trace down any particular reason for slowdowns. I'll try to investigate .... It seems that it happens only with Exchange account, Google works fine

Any similar experiences ?

Thanks

Kreso

ps. my Veer is otherwise much quicker than my old Pre-
    Could be the exchange server. I get random exchange slow downs at work and it's always the wired to the network pc waiting for the exchange server to respond. So my guess would be exchange server side from my experience with exchange (some times my slowdowns can take 30 seconds or more)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    im starting to notice that the veer is not as snappy as it first appears to be. i find that the phone dialer, sms as already noted, waiting for wifi connection and other items slow. i find my pre plus runs better in these areas better than the veer. also veer is a bit more bugy.

veer is still good phone overall but i hope the bugs gets fixed.
    I think its a 2.1 problem. Hoping for an update
    I'm thinking there will be an update later this week. It wouldnt make sense to be pushing a TouchPad with touch-to-share and not have a phone with that capability. I think Veer needs an OS update in order for that to work.
    +1 on an update... that SMS lag is a killer
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Can someone explain to me what they mean by SMS lag please? I mean, what are you trying to do, and what happens when you try to do it, and approximately how long it takes for it to happen that makes you call it lag?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Can someone explain to me what they mean by SMS lag please? I mean, what are you trying to do, and what happens when you try to do it, and approximately how long it takes for it to happen that makes you call it lag?
    When you send someone an SMS and click "send" your phone becomes unresponsive for a few seconds...like 2 or 3 seconds... So it makes it hard to send back to back messages.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    I experience slowdown almost every time I open my email. Everything stops for few sec, after that I can switch to other apps, but email app is still frozen.

Eventually, after 5-10sec it restores to normal. I haven't been able to trace down any particular reason for slowdowns. I'll try to investigate .... It seems that it happens only with Exchange account, Google works fine

Any similar experiences ?

Thanks

Kreso

ps. my Veer is otherwise much quicker than my old Pre-

love my veer. next OTA update will be great. Veer is so much faster than old pre- and SMALLER.. Pre is HUGE!
    I get more slowdowns when my data signal is not as good. When I'm around wifi, the phone feels quite snappy. It's as though if any process is waiting for data, it slows everything down.

They have said that there will be an update to enable touch-to-share. Remember, there were a lot of back-end changes to webOS 2.x, and it will probably take a few iterations for them to work out the bugs.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    When you send someone an SMS and click "send" your phone becomes unresponsive for a few seconds...like 2 or 3 seconds... So it makes it hard to send back to back messages.
    The phone freezes until the text message sends. It might feel like a long time but for the most part, even with a crappy connection, it takes less than a second to send and free up your phone.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    The phone freezes until the text message sends. It might feel like a long time but for the most part, even with a crappy connection, it takes less than a second to send and free up your phone.
    Thanks. I thought it was something else that I was not accustomed to on a phone.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I get more slowdowns when my data signal is not as good. When I'm around wifi, the phone feels quite snappy. It's as though if any process is waiting for data, it slows everything down.
    Heureka. That's exactly what I experienced this morning. I was connected to wi-fi and my little buddy was the fastest machine I ever had. Than I left my home and it became (almost) useless - veeery slooow.

Let's wait for an update. Hopefully, sometime soon

Kreso