1.    #1  
    I already unlocked my AT&T Veer using digital unlock. The device works very good including data connection. I got 3G.

But I'm a bit curious about the 3G icon which never dim, it means the data connection always active. But I'm not running internet app or download something. Usually on my Verizon Pre+ the 3G icon will dim if no intenet activity.

I wonder if all Veer including people that using AT&T, is the data connection icon such E,3G,H+ never dim too?
    I noticed that too. Got me confused for a while, thought my phone kept using data.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    OMG! only 1 night my Veer suck my data quota more then 30MB even almost all day it connected to WiFi... it only using 3G connection for just check email for few minutes and standby without any app opened for couple hours.

Data connection icon never dim really a bad problem... i can't detect if my Veer use my data connection or not.

Anyone read this thread, please reply.. is this such a bug on Veer or just mine and Toni?

Go to 4:48, looks like it's always bold.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    OMG! only 1 night my Veer suck my data quota more then 30MB even almost all day it connected to WiFi... it only using 3G connection for just check email for few minutes and standby without any app opened for couple hours.

Data connection icon never dim really a bad problem... i can't detect if my Veer use my data connection or not.

Anyone read this thread, please reply.. is this such a bug on Veer or just mine and Toni?

wow dont know why your sucking up so much data. must have your phone settings constanly polling on emai, and other updatess

what is this data icon you guys are talking about. i got a prepaid sim in my veer and maybe that could be why im not seeing what you are. i think my internet connection might be using the ole media net network settings
    2 Things:

1. Your Veer is always connected because HSDPA/GSM data doesn't interfere with the voice data (unlike on CDMA, on which you can't have voice and data at the same time). Perhaps it's a way to control things? Anyway, I do prefer fast, instant internet access rather than waiting for the phone to connect.

2. Every night your phone will send your profile info backup to Palm (and some other statistical information. These files can be quite big sometimes. There are hacks to disable this, as there's no option in the stock operating system to change it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    2 Things:

1. Your Veer is always connected because HSDPA/GSM data doesn't interfere with the voice data (unlike on CDMA, on which you can't have voice and data at the same time). Perhaps it's a way to control things? Anyway, I do prefer fast, instant internet access rather than waiting for the phone to connect.

2. Every night your phone will send your profile info backup to Palm (and some other statistical information. These files can be quite big sometimes. There are hacks to disable this, as there's no option in the stock operating system to change it

yeah that could be the network hog, backing up your data

how about just turning off backup but i think this also clears your profile
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    how about just turning off backup but i think this also clears your profile
    Nah, it will still send "the other data"

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    You can now disable backups easily. There is a toggle at the top right when you open the Backup program.

I haven't used it but I assume it sticks after restarts..?
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the respons.. but your Veer's Icon not dim too?

I use Android GSM phone before this Veer, and don't have this kind of problem. My push mail on Gmail always ready, even when my YM application always on, and no sucking data connection so much.

At android there is arrow down and up that can be an indicator that there is data received & sent. But at my Veer case this is really confusing if the icon never dim at all.
    Last edited by The Bard; 06/25/2011 at 01:03 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    2 Things:

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    You can now disable backups easily. There is a toggle at the top right when you open the Backup program.

I haven't used it but I assume it sticks after restarts..?

Oh yes.. maybe the backup.. but how to turn off the backup not erase the backup data? the option only turn off and erase the backup.

I already install Muffled ..... (I forgot) patch.. I assume it blocked the profiled backup?
    Last edited by The Bard; 06/25/2011 at 01:05 AM.
    I downloaded a patch which allowed me to turn off data and I only turn it on when I need it. The rest of the time I use wifi
  13.    #13  
    I already install that patch but that's not the good solution about the icon bug. I wish there is patch that can make icon dim so when the data connection flow happen or not we can easily noticed.
    I believe the always on icon is normal behavior. We would need someone with a Pre on AT&T to make a good comparison.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I believe the always on icon is normal behavior. We would need someone with a Pre on AT&T to make a good comparison.
    The video I posted above is a Veer running on AT&T.

Here's another one:

And of course:

The H+ is looking glowing to me.