1.    #1  
    i bought a veer from ebay and put my 3g sim card (prepaid) in and everything works on my phone but i was wondering if what kind of sim card comes with this phone if you get it from at&t. does it come with a 4g sim card?

my connection shows 3g, would it show an H or H+ if i used a 4g sim?. when i used my current sim card in my telstra htc hd2, i think it showed an H but i think it was because of the phone. not sure tho but just curious what kind of sim comes with the veer and what signal icon do you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    i bought a veer from ebay and put my 3g sim card (prepaid) in and everything works on my phone but i was wondering if what kind of sim card comes with this phone if you get it from at&t. does it come with a 4g sim card?

my connection shows 3g, would it show an H or H+ if i used a 4g sim?. when i used my current sim card in my telstra htc hd2, i think it showed an H but i think it was because of the phone. not sure tho but just curious what kind of sim comes with the veer and what signal icon do you get.
    Don't think you need a new SIM. The 3G SIM's can handle HSDPA + connections. You most likely just need to have your acct provisioned for HSDPA +, then the device will show H+ (which of course is fake 4G), but thats the only way you'll be able to take advantage of the speed increase from standard 3G.

Dial 611 or call customer service.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I know that my pre paid sim only showed the 3g logo and got edge data, but an att rep put his chip in and H+ showed up. Then once i went to an actual contract, i got a new sim and H+ showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I know that my pre paid sim only showed the 3g logo and got edge data, but an att rep put his chip in and H+ showed up. Then once i went to an actual contract, i got a new sim and H+ showed up.
    There's a process for provisioning an acct to allow H+ data.
    If you take a contract acct sim out of a Pre + and put it into a Veer it should only show 3G . Once the provisioning is completed then the Veer will indicate H+

It's all about regulating data traffic these days, or hadn't anyone noticed?

BTW no go-phone 4G devices are out yet, so you will have a difficult time getting your go-phone acct provisioned for H+ data even if you have the smartphone data feature purchased. Just not something that's in the system yet. Once the first go-phone 4G smartphone is available this shouldn't be a problem.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  5.    #5  
    thanks.
    as of right now 3g is good enough for me. i was just curious if there was a new sim out for the new phones.