1.    #1  
    Long time Sprint user, been kicking around making the jump to AT&T in early October when out contract is up. Our Pre's are still going strong and I would like a Pre3 but thinking I could live with a Veer and spend the Pre3 money on a TP. Then get a Pre3 down the road. I am really wanting to get on a next gen device and start messing around with some developing ideas I've kicked around.

With all of this and the non-existent support for 1.4.5 devices (don't want to Dr. to 2.x especially since it won't get me access to 2.x apps) I decided to look into our ETF. Early next month we are down to $60 bucks, so now I am actually thinking about paying an ETF (something I swore I would never do).

I am thinking even if I don't jump right at that 3 month mark, once a hard date for the Pre3 on AT&T is set and launch price, we could make the jump at around the 30 day mark prior to the Pre3 launch, and if we end up disliking the Veers returning them to go to a Pre3(s).

My concerns with the Veer, battery not technically user replaceable, no flash on camera, and screen size (I could probably live with the screen size more than the other two).

Just curious if any Sprint users (or ex Sprint users) have any thoughts or are just as done with Sprint as I am.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Long time Sprint user, been kicking around making the jump to AT&T in early October when out contract is up. Our Pre's are still going strong and I would like a Pre3 but thinking I could live with a Veer and spend the Pre3 money on a TP. Then get a Pre3 down the road. I am really wanting to get on a next gen device and start messing around with some developing ideas I've kicked around.

With all of this and the non-existent support for 1.4.5 devices (don't want to Dr. to 2.x especially since it won't get me access to 2.x apps) I decided to look into our ETF. Early next month we are down to $60 bucks, so now I am actually thinking about paying an ETF (something I swore I would never do).

I am thinking even if I don't jump right at that 3 month mark, once a hard date for the Pre3 on AT&T is set and launch price, we could make the jump at around the 30 day mark prior to the Pre3 launch, and if we end up disliking the Veers returning them to go to a Pre3(s).

My concerns with the Veer, battery not technically user replaceable, no flash on camera, and screen size (I could probably live with the screen size more than the other two).

Just curious if any Sprint users (or ex Sprint users) have any thoughts or are just as done with Sprint as I am.
    Left already myself

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...king-news.html
    I left Sprint almost exactly a month ago, almost same situation. I got the Veer for free and tested out ATT for a week before I ported my number over. I get better coverage at my work with ATT then I do Sprint, that was my major gripe with Sprint besides no new WebOS devices. After using the Veer I was sold on switching. I think its a lot better than the original Pre that I had on Sprint, the no Flash is really the only thing its missing. The battery life is good, way better than a stock Pre, so I have nothing against the non-user replaceable battery. I personally like small devices, I had an HTC Arrive before and it was a bit bulky and heavy for me. The size of the screen doesn't bother me at all. My advice is to get some free Veers and see if it suits you, especially ATT's coverage. ATT charges activation fee and a prorated bill if you decide to cancel within 30 days.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I called and asked about my contract and how much time I had left and he said "your not on contract, weird?" LOL. and its only a $80 ETF on my 2nd line. Asked about he pre3, veer, and touchpad... each time he tried to offer me an android product.. hyping up the evo 3d that drops at midnight. I really hope sprint gets the Pre 3 or im going to jump ship with 9 years under my belt at sprint. He asked me why I like WebOS so much and I told him the multi tasking and then he tried to offer me some phone with 2 screens telling me I could check my email while watching youtube .... Then I said I can already do that. Sprint better get its head out the clouds.
    I jumped to AT&t last month. Coverage is better where I am. I'm skipping the Veer though and went with the referb 3GS for one penny deal till the Pre3 comes out
    I got tired of Sprint as well. It came down to data speed, and no webOS devices. AT&T is really pretty fast, regardless of whether you call it 4G or not.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Bye.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Going on a week since making the switch, and no complaints. I somewhat worry about the battery long-term... my pre minus didn't make it 2 years. But the phone was free so nothing lost. I like the smaller size so much the smaller screen doesn't bother me. The flash is a disappointment, but honestly not one I have actually been impacted by so far.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, im pretty convinced im going to att as well... verizon is slow with updates and gimp their devices too much.
    att with their 3.5g is plenty enough for me to get by until a full roll out of 4g is underway.
    im probably going to wait for amazon to drop the pre3 down to a penny. should be in about a month or so of launch haha
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I went to Best Buy two days ago and they had the Veer for $1. I'm considering giving it a whirl (I'm off-contract with Sprint at the moment) and seeing if the coverage is up to snuff before I port my number over as Trader05 did.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, im pretty convinced im going to att as well... verizon is slow with updates and gimp their devices too much.
    att with their 3.5g is plenty enough for me to get by until a full roll out of 4g is underway.
    im probably going to wait for amazon to drop the pre3 down to a penny. should be in about a month or so of launch haha
    Yeah amazon has gone crazy lately with their deals.... That's why I'd like to see a firm release date on Pre3, been looking at veer and pre 2 gsm's on ebay, still think I would take free veers vs 200ish a piece off contract, and use that money to buy a tp. The wife would probably be fine with a veer (other than repurchasing those apps she wants to have in veer mod, angry birds most likely).

We will see, I think I've got a long term plan that will get us out of this CDMA hell...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Bye.
    Huh??? You work for sprint?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The last contract of my 3 lines expires today (3 Pres) with Sprint, so my TouchPad should be arriving on July 1st and who ever has the Pre 3 gets my 3 lines.
    I'm just waiting for the Pre 3 to come out so I can jump from Sprint to AT&T that day. Contracts are already over, and everything is ready to go. Just don't want to waste the new signup pricing on the Pre 3...