Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyway to get the Veer on the $50 go-phone att unlimited plan?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    If it means you would pay less money for the same thing, probably not.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    but you buy the veer off contract. Then go into att and try to get this gophone plan? Thoughts?
    Does the plan even include data? I thought I read that it didn't. And since there's no 4G prepaid phones, it's very unlikely it'd include that, regardless.
    buy it off contract like i did. i put a att prepaid sim in it. i only buy data when i need too.

voice is .10cents a minute, data i thinks its like $5 for 1 meg, $15 for 100 meg and $25 for 500 megs

data last only 30 days, if you renew every 30 days, any unused data gets carried over.

any unused voice minutes gets carried over but the time limit is different. $15 is good for 30 days, $25 to $50 is good for 90 days and $100 is good for 1 year.
    If the data was a lil cheaper that would be cool, I don't use a lot of minutes. I do about 2k texts a month though
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    but can you get that card and pay 50 for unlimited talk text data on the veer with no contract?
  8. lgs
    Compare also with H2O Wireless. They use the AT&T network, so the phone doesn't need to be unlocked. Calls are 5-14 cents per min depending on volume, with no data available, or pay $50 for unlimited talk/text and 100MB of data.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    anyway to get the Veer on the $50 go-phone att unlimited plan?
    I don't think AT&T offers an unlimited plan at $50. They have the $.10 per minute, $2 per day unlimited, and $60 per month plans (though their page implies they won't let you use a smartphone on this plan). Then if you want to use data you have to buy one of their monthly packages or if you want to text on the $.10 per minute plan you need one of those month packages as well.

Imo, if you want monthly unlimited talk and text and don't really care about data usage or speeds, I'd look at T-mobile's prepaid plans instead. You'd have to unlock the Veer to use it and you'd only every be able to use 2G data speeds but it sounds like data usage isn't a big issue for you. I think AT&T and T-mobile should have similar 2G network coverage. Plus T-mobile has a $50 package that includes unlimited talk/text/2G data.

T-mobile No Annual Contract calling plans
    They recently lowers their unlimted GoPhone plan, with unlimited talk&text down to 50 from 60 dollars. But I've read that for smartphones AT&T pushes you to buy data as an add on, ranging from 5 to 25 dollar range. But I haven't done personal research(just read an article summarizing it)

I'd check their web site or head down to an At&T store and talk with a rep.
    I was on the nightmare you call the GO Phone plan. basically its 10 cents per minute, you gotta put in credits. YOu can only buy 500MB for 20 dollars, they don't even let you pay 10 a gig. they tax you. or you can do 2 dollars per day unlimited text and talk, still buy ****ty data plans. on top of that they tell you that you gotta wait 30 days if you wanna switch back to a normal plan. I was told this at att since i purchased the veer with a little data.

Oh yeah and only sub par edge data, no 3g or H+

it was a nightmare with the GO phone. I ended up returning the veer, cancelling then buying it at best buy just to be a normal user on a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I was on the nightmare you call the GO Phone plan. basically its 10 cents per minute, you gotta put in credits. YOu can only buy 500MB for 20 dollars, they don't even let you pay 10 a gig. they tax you. or you can do 2 dollars per day unlimited text and talk, still buy ****ty data plans. on top of that they tell you that you gotta wait 30 days if you wanna switch back to a normal plan. I was told this at att since i purchased the veer with a little data.

Oh yeah and only sub par edge data, no 3g or H+

it was a nightmare with the GO phone. I ended up returning the veer, cancelling then buying it at best buy just to be a normal user on a plan.
    Sounds like even more reason not to bother with AT&T's prepaid and look to T-mobile's prepaid if you want to do a GSM prepaid. At least they don't charge you an extra $20 for 500MB of EDGE data...
    i got 3g on my prepaid sim on my veer. dont know why your not getting 3g. i got a 3g sim card and it shows 3g but i havent really timed what actual download speeds are.

i like att prepaid data plans, its the best i think of all carriers. i usually buy a 25 dollars voice, then apply 15 dollars of that to data if i need too. i dont pay tax on any of it. im on the simple .10cent minute plan

not a heavy user of data when im not on wifi
    I just got my Veer on a month-by-month plan. The cheapest decent package was $40 + $10 + $25 (450 minutes, 1000 texts and 2GB data). I was hoping for cheaper but with a big data package this was kind of the only option.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    If you are willing to spend the money for a Straight Talk Nokia E71 you can use the SIM in your AT&T Veer. Unlimited talk, text, data, 411 for 45.00/ month.
    ST idea of unlimited is realy not unlimited. Their terms of service state NO tethering, streaming video etc. 2Gig is not a problem and a little more if not on a regular basis seems to be OK. ST will shut you down if you start going to 5Gig. But buying by the month will protect you some if you decide to get greedy. VERY IMPORTANT CAVEAT. You MUST retain the Nokia phone! You cannot sell the Nokia phone to try and recoup the money spent for the phone. SIM is registered to that phone and if someone buys the phone from you when they obtain a SIM from ST and activate it, your SIM will be deactivated. Also, the two Nokia smart phones sold by ST are the only phones that the SIM card can be used in this way.
    If the Pre3 ever shows up I am going to give it a try.
    There are a lot of happy IPhone and Android users doing this.
    Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to make sure I got all the correct Info out and did not mislead anyone.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Did anyone try this out!? - I would love to get 3G speeds on my Veer (on T-Mobile now with their unlimited plan) - so has anyone tried the $50 Go Plan to see if data actually works? - would be a great thing to find out.
  17. lgs
    I just received an email update from h2owirelessnow.com. They now offer an unlimited plan for $60. This runs on AT&T airwaves, so should work with locked Veers.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    This looks like it is not AT&T though - also are they CDMA - don't see a way to have them send me a SIM card
    Quote Originally Posted by lgs View Post
    I just received an email update from h2owirelessnow.com. They now offer an unlimited plan for $60. This runs on AT&T airwaves, so should work with locked Veers.
    That's a tempting option too. It does look like they only offer 3G speeds and not "4G" but for the price difference it's not that big a deal... Except I wonder what their 'unlimited' data is limited to. I mean, AT&T offers 250MB, 2GB, or 4GB, so I find it hard to believe this would be truly unlimited data.
  20. lgs
    I should mention that I use the H2O "minute" plan on my still-locked Veer without any problems. I don't have data included, so can't guarantee it will work. I just assume it will.

I'm not sure I want to go from about $5 per month for my voice/text needs to paying $50 or $60 just to get some data added. Tempting though it is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast