1.    #1  
    Hi everyone - just checking in with my new white veer!

Bought off eBay - totally thought I had the size of the device all down pat; still gob-smacked at how tiny it is!

Loving the look, the feel, the size.

For those Aussies interested, I bought this brand new in box (BNIB), unactivated, locked.
    I proceeded to unlock the device (with the PALM-YN8A $5 coupon) using Digital Unlock - flawless process.
    I'm not fussed about the app catalog, I'll find alternatives, make myself or do without any apps I can't get.

Running on TPG under the $18.99 cap - no problems at all so far, everything works without configuration.

Only downsides: My 'a' key seems to need a little encouragement to register, and the absence of the middle button (my old device was a Pre-) is noticeable - I used to use the middle button to orient the device correctly as I took it out of my pocket, as well as for bringing up card view.

Any aussies or anyone else feel free to ask questions - now I just need to think of a name for her: I'm thinking 'Veeronica' - suggestions welcome!
    Hi AlanCorporation,
    Welcome the the PreCentral forums, webOS, and your new addiction!
    Congratulations on the new device - I'm sure you're going to love it! I like the name (better than Veera)
    it should be under warranty, if the a key doesnot work, doesnt get better, get it exchanged. I kept my pre plus and the keyboard is horrible and I hate typing on it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Pom in Oz here. Looking to get one too. So no app Market?? Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    Pom in Oz here. Looking to get one too. So no app Market?? Sucks.
    If you have Pommy connections, get it activated over there and pay for applications with a UK card. Then you would have access to paid apps.

EDIT: You could also use Impostah on an unactivated phone to get full access.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/23/2011 at 01:18 AM.
    I'm a fellow Veer user... Or I was for a few days until my little boy lost the charger - now I have a Veer that I can't charge until a touchstone arrives from ebay. Apparently the magnetic end on the Veer cable was just too much fun and he's hidden it somewhere. Aaanyway.

You can get access to the US app cattledog, but you need to activate using Impostah before you insert an aussie sim. I used Impostah to activate before unlocking via digitalunlock - worked fine. The final piece of the puzzle is getting your hands on a US credit card (like Simon malls gift card), but even without the credit card you can get free apps.

I have trouble with the gps in my phone. Most of the time it can't get a lock and when it does it locates me in the middle of the Pacific, about 1000km SE of Japan. I should really return under warranty but it's just too much trouble to organise (+pay for) shipping. My 'a' key is fine though
    ---
    Zire -> Treo650 -> iPhone -> Veer
    that's the plan. get a veer in the UK. and use my UK sim to activate and my UK ccard. result question if I do this and then in the future there is an australian market how difficult will it be to move to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    that's the plan. get a veer in the UK. and use my UK sim to activate and my UK ccard. result question if I do this and then in the future there is an australian market how difficult will it be to move to that?
    Country of first activation rules at the moment. I'd like to think that one day HP will wake up and free things up.
    Expecting mine to arrive in the next week or so (hate chasing contacts in the US...).

I'm going with the Impostah + Simon Malls gift card option for app cat.