Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    From what our customers are telling us, the Veer seems to have some issues accepting custom APN settings. Here's a mini-HOWTO that will help you add your own custom APN settings to carrierdb.json.

    These instructions are based on the manual process we go through to generate these files for people who ask, so they are a bit complicated. Please let us know if you have any corrections or suggestions!

    1. If you are trying to activate a phone, you'll need to use the activation bypass first. Select the "call customer service" menu item on the activation screen, clear out the number, then dial #*3386633# (#*DEVMODE#). Switch the devmode option to "ON".

    2. Install WebOS Quick install from here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html

    3. Download the existing carrierdb.json (Tools > Receive > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json) and back it up. If you make a mistake anywhere along the way, you can always push the existing one back. If you don't make a backup you'll have to use WebOS doctor to fix it.

    4. Use our carrierdb editor to create your carrierdb entry: http://digitalunlock.com/webos/carrierdb/index.html

    (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._data_problems has more information about the other keys if needed)

    - Set MCC/MNC to the correct values for your carrier (from Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or call your carrier up to ask)
    - Set the SMS/MMS gateways to the correct values.
    - Set the Operator long/short names to the name of your carrier

    5. Open the carrierdb.json file and scroll to the bottom.

    6. Paste the generated output at the bottom.

    7. Use WebOS quick install to push the file to /etc/carrierdb

    8. Restart the device. It should now connect to your APN. If you used the activation bypass before, factory reset your device and you'll be able to activate properly.
    Last edited by digitalunlock; 06/23/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Schanske, Rnp, GreenHex and 1 others like this.
  2. #2  
    This thread should be add to sticky.

    Those steps really complicated for me.
    Maybe I choose the shortcut by contact directly to digital unlock if I have problem with unlocked Veer

    I'm still waiting.... 1 month to go before my Veer on my hand.
  3. #3  
    Thanks Button doesn't work anymore: So thanks digitalunlock.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Of course it does, you silly German battery tester:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...json-file.html
    I really hate your avatar with that stupid veer.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You're just jealous I got two for 1 European price.
    And I just got my customized mini pouch!
    I haven't read your post.
    Last edited by somline; 06/21/2011 at 07:37 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Updated this with a pointer to our new carrierdb.json editor:

    DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor
  7. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Updated this with a pointer to our new carrierdb.json editor:

    DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor
    Nice one, will play with it :-)
  8.    #8  
    Apologies for the bump, but with the flood of HP Veer devices hitting the market right now, this is becoming a common question for us.

    Has the community been successfully using this HOWTO? We haven't heard feedback outside of the few people we've sent it directly to, but that may be a good thing.
  9. #9  
    Is there anyway to get 3G working on Palm Pixi Plus AT&T model?

    I am getting an error as File Transfer Failed.
    Palm Pixi Plus AT&T webOS 1.4.5
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Apologies for the bump, but with the flood of HP Veer devices hitting the market right now, this is becoming a common question for us.

    Has the community been successfully using this HOWTO? We haven't heard feedback outside of the few people we've sent it directly to, but that may be a good thing.
    I meant to post a comment a long time ago. This has been a great help. Used it to get 2 veers & 1 French Pre3 to work with data and mms.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I meant to post a comment a long time ago. This has been a great help. Used it to get 2 veers & 1 French Pre3 to work with data and mms.
    From the truly new and clue-less in the world of phone-hacking, here is another question :-)

    What are"APN settings" and why does one want to edit their carrier APN settings as a new Veer user ? (I assume the carriers don't want you to ?).
  12. #12  
    They are the settings that let your device on to the internet. Usually the settings set by carriers are those for wap or wap proxy access. We need generic non proxy access for all the services on the device to work.

    I think it has to do with carriers not knowing how to configure a Palm or many different smartphones. It has gotten better since android devices and iphone jailbreaks. And most carriers list the manual settings now. Where other phones could just use simple wap settings sent in a sms.

    edit: you really only need to do this if your settings don't work.
  13. #13  
    Thanks a million to OP. i could not have ever figured out to make data work on my veer without his help.
  14. #14  
    will this method help me get data on my att pre3 running a go phone sim card. My go phone sim card is an unlimited text data and talk but that is for feature phones only when I pop the sim into my pre3 data stops working. Can anyone help?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    will this method help me get data on my att pre3 running a go phone sim card. My go phone sim card is an unlimited text data and talk but that is for feature phones only when I pop the sim into my pre3 data stops working. Can anyone help?
    What are the settings for the sim or do you know?
  16. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Hi all,

    From what our customers are telling us, the Veer seems to have some issues accepting custom APN settings. Here's a mini-HOWTO that will help you add your own custom APN settings to carrierdb.json.

    These instructions are based on the manual process we go through to generate these files for people who ask, so they are a bit complicated. Please let us know if you have any corrections or suggestions!

    1. If you are trying to activate a phone, you'll need to use the activation bypass first. Select the "call customer service" menu item on the activation screen, clear out the number, then dial #*3386633# (#*DEVMODE#). Switch the devmode option to "ON".

    2. Install WebOS Quick install from here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html

    3. Download the existing carrierdb.json (Tools > Receive > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json) and back it up. If you make a mistake anywhere along the way, you can always push the existing one back. If you don't make a backup you'll have to use WebOS doctor to fix it.

    4. Use our carrierdb editor to create your carrierdb entry: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

    (How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals has more information about the other keys if needed)

    - Set MCC/MNC to the correct values for your carrier (from Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or call your carrier up to ask)
    - Set the SMS/MMS gateways to the correct values.
    - Set the Operator long/short names to the name of your carrier

    5. Open the carrierdb.json file and scroll to the bottom.

    6. Paste the generated output at the bottom.

    7. Use WebOS quick install to push the file to /etc/carrierdb

    8. Restart the device. It should now connect to your APN. If you used the activation bypass before, factory reset your device and you'll be able to activate properly.
    Dear digitalunlock, I need ur help in getting 2g/3g to work in my veer mobile. This is my first webos Phone, it is working flawlessly after unlocked with ur software. But just that 2g/3g data not working & mms not working, i tried ur carrierdb.json editor, it gives me something like parsing error,i think i'm not doing correctly(I'm completely new to webos & I didn't understand some options like whether to leave 'apnid' details like that or I've to change). So I request you to edit carrierdb.json file by adding one of our network provider details I give below, so that by seeing it I will insert all the network providers(in our country) details, so that I can use any of them in the future & also I will be able to share that complete file here & in other forums, so that people from India can use it.The following are the details of one of our network provider gprs settings that I'm trying to get it insert into carrierdb.json

    Connection Name: TATA DOCOMO INTERNET
    Data Bearer:GPRS
    Access Point Name:TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET
    Connection Security:Off
    Session Mode:Permanent

    For 3g also the Access point is: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET

    MMS SETTINGS:
    Connection Name : TATA DOCOMO MMS
    Data Bearer : GPRS
    APN : TATA.DOCOMO.MMS
    Home page : http://mmsc/
    Proxy server : 10.124.26.94
    Proxy port : 8799

    SMS MSG CENTER NUMBER: +919032055002

    I don't know whether we have to enter details separately for 3g into carrierdb.json, or 3g also will work once we insert the above settings into carrierdb.json.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    will this method help me get data on my att pre3 running a go phone sim card. My go phone sim card is an unlimited text data and talk but that is for feature phones only when I pop the sim into my pre3 data stops working. Can anyone help?
    I'd like to know this, too! Data works fine with my EU Pre 3 but not my ATT Pre 3 (with GoPhone)
  18. #18  
    that after upgrading to 2.2 hp does not veer 3G and with the same carrierdb.json, either by modifying the existing one.

    appreciate your help

    my carrier is Iusacell mexico
  19. #19  
    editing apn in editor givess me error
    error parsing data connection


    wat do i do??
  20. #20  
    pls reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions