Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Sorry. I had to be away from the forum. Just busy lately.

I'm also sorry no one else stepped in to try and help.

Phone-Menu-Network services-Manual configuration-edit network configuration is exactly what I meant by dialer pad preferences... So you have tried putting in manual APN and MMS settings.

When it says "Invalid Configuration" have you tried "Set Up Anyway"??? Sometimes it takes a few tries (exit out and come back to settings page) before the settings will stay in the phone. It seems to be a quirk with webOS. I think I had to try my settings a few times with my Veer before it saved them.

When I've examined and altered my carrierdb.json file on my computer I always save it as the original name (no new extension) and I told Windows to open it with WordPad as a default. It comes up as a .txt file but with the old .json file extension intact. I've edited that way on two phones now (GSM Unlocked Pre 2 and Unlocked AT&T Veer) without any problems.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    When it says "Invalid Configuration" have you tried "Set Up Anyway"??? Sometimes it takes a few tries (exit out and come back to settings page) before the settings will stay in the phone. It seems to be a quirk with webOS. I think I had to try my settings a few times with my Veer before it saved them.
    Never saw that before
    Tried it now, and now I can change th settings of my edited carrierdb.json file.

Anyway, when I set up APN to 'wap' I can connect, a 3G icon appears in the upper menu, but I still can not navigate through Internet.

I'll change my contract (and sim) with my carrier to a 3G one next days and see what happens.
    If you are on GPRS service that would make sense... I guess Ansel uses GPRS data protocol over 2g and 3g connections?

Have you tried:

APN: gprs.ansel
    User Name: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)

???

Mobile Nations Devotee
    If you are on GPRS service that would make sense... I guess Ansel uses GPRS data protocol over 2g and 3g connections?
    Ancel lets you choose 2g or 3g connections.
    2g is an unlimited contract and costs about 3 dollars a month.
    3g costs 5 dollars the first 384 k and so on.
    Of course, 3g is faster, but much more expensive.

Have you tried:

APN: gprs.ancel
    User Name: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)

???
    Yep, that's what my Veer said the first time i tried to change preferences.
    It didn't work.

I still had no time to change my sim to 3G.
    Hi i bought a Hp Veer and i cant get data to connect.

I tried the carrierdb method but not sure how make it work.

mcc 722
    mnc 34
    apn datos.personal.com
    user datos
    pass datos

Can somebody help me?

i'm on Personal Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by sebau1995 View Post
    Hi i bought a Hp Veer and i cant get data to connect.

I tried the carrierdb method but not sure how make it work.

mcc 722
    mnc 34
    apn datos.personal.com
    user datos
    pass datos

Can somebody help me?

i'm on Personal Argentina
    You must follow the first post in this thread to pull carrierdb.json off the Veer.

Add this entry to it: Personal Argentina carrierdb.rtf

Then send it back to the phone...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    its not working..i'm using linux, maybe it is because of that?
    You must follow the first post in this thread to pull carrierdb.json off the Veer.

Add this entry to it: Personal Argentina carrierdb.rtf

Then send it back to the phone...
    How did you create the file? using the python decrypter or javascript decrytper?

the apn settings are

user "datos"
    pass "datos"
    apn "datos.personal.com"

(those settings work on androids)
    Quote Originally Posted by sebau1995 View Post
    How did you create the file? using the python decrypter or javascript decrytper?

the apn settings are

user "datos"
    pass "datos"
    apn "datos.personal.com"

(those settings work on androids)
    I have a GSM unlocked Pre 2 which is a "world phone." I pulled the entry for Personal from that phone's carrierdb.json file.

Sorry, I've never done that operation on Linux, just Windows.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I have a GSM unlocked Pre 2 which is a "world phone." I pulled the entry for Personal from that phone's carrierdb.json file.

Sorry, I've never done that operation on Linux, just Windows.
    Ah I see, no i doesnt work, i think that the settings are wrong, on my older palm pixi i also had to edit the apn(and it worked)...but in this case i just dont know what to do..
    It's been AGES since I don't log in here in webOS Nation, but I've recentlly changed my carrier to Jazztel. It's a virtual operator in Spain, which uses Vodafone cells.

At first, data didn't work, and I was desperate, even thinking of switching carrier again INSTEAD of buying a regular phone. Bu then, I found this thread, and gave a try at the "carrierdb.jason generator". It worked!

I have to enable data roaming (which I understad doesn't mean an extra cost actually) and it worked. Here is the generated text:

Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":214,"mnc":21,"qOperatorLongName":"JAZZTEL JAZZTEL","qOperatorShortName":"JAZZTEL","smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"","mmscPortNumber":127,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":170,"mmsMaxVideoSize":295,"mmsVersionNumber":0,"smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":false,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":false,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":false,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":false,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":295,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":false,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":false,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":false,"mmsApnId":1073,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":false,"gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":false,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"hspaCategory":[0],"smsWhiteListClass0":[],"settingPriority":0,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9rEfKz5ELl7KJ3VSuuXXs42HoQMlLB4sDgHbFdrznB3RW1yzRV2W9sMU9CfekE8hoOAy7nPqBwSPZIMIKyspCFLp2cDHlG1lMSgK7KTsOSfLEy7WPO/d0ReOdtKU2iJoUS6kaqQVabpU6MvYIkFE5erpeQ35A4kj6HEXwnBj3k9MCcrm1wD1RX8m3qmOE/akEz41LvvhOIN2w8a45EMymJA+y9RVcU2DpdBcc5CpeOnsnBa5mRZ7zpfGT3Jdn9JKbFueghs5KHssusDeeqJlnt"}
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123