Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Hi I need Help Buy A hp and veer and Colombia brought one I can not create you tell me the user because you have to have to be with the SIM card of the company that the purchase in this case AT & T I wonder if there is a way to skip that step of the registry?
    I fail to make out the devmode in my hp veer and put the number and nothing I say as I solve
    Hello I need help buying a hp and turn Colombia and brought one that you can not create user tells me, as they have to have to be with the company's SIM card to purchase in this case AT & TI wonder if there is a way to bypass this step in the registration?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    For the uninitiated: How does one open or edit a .JSON file?
    -and-
    when pasting to the end of the old .JSON file, does one modify any of the old or new code, e.g., remove brackets or replace any data?
    Can't make too many assumption about us WebOS junkies. I don't have the program to edit, but will take any suggestions.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    5. Open the carrierdb.json file and scroll to the bottom.

6. Paste the generated output at the bottom.

How, might I inquire?
    - We might need to invest in a few tools I understand, but forgive my ignorance.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi

I followed the procedures with my Veer and no luck. My Veer was unlocked from the factory.

My mobile provider is a Spanish MVNO (British Telecom Spain)
    MCC: 214
    MNC: 15

Any advice?
    Is it mandatory to complet the SMS/MMS gateways?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Any one with apn settings not saving issue, you can solve it by updating your veer to 2.2.3 using Herrie method,note: for most occassions you don't need update your Modem firmware & A6 update(much riskier than modem firmware) just needs to update to 2.2.3 & TpUpdate for touch screen to work. You can see the instructions at:WebOS 2.2.3 for HP Veer | herrie82 & follow the complete thread on 2.2.3 here:http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...here-veer.html
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    Any one with apn settings not saving issue, you can solve it by updating your veer to 2.2.3 using Herrie method,note: for most occassions you don't need update your Modem firmware & A6 update(much riskier than modem firmware) just needs to update to 2.2.3 & TpUpdate for touch screen to work. You can see the instructions at:WebOS 2.2.3 for HP Veer | herrie82 & follow the complete thread on 2.2.3 here:http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...here-veer.html
    this is true, my Veer has the same APN problems and yesterday i update it and now all works fine. Just follow step by step the how to in the herries blog, be patience and read well.
    Hello,

I tried to create the carrierdb.json with carrierdb.json Generator in many ways and I have not gotten my HP VEER connect to the data network, could somebody help me please? These are the data from my data network :

nome :interactivo
    apn :internet.movistar.com.co
    proxy :192.168.222.7
    puerto :9001
    nombre de usuario :movistar
    contraseņa :movistar
    servidor :
    MMSC :mms.movistar.com.co
    proxy MMS :192.168.222.7
    puerto MMS :9001
    protocolo MMS :wap 2.0
    MCC :732
    MNC :123

Thanks
    I tried to create the carrierdb.json with carrierdb.json Generator in many ways and I have not gotten my HP VEER connect to the data network, could somebody help me please? These are the data from my data network :

nome :interactivo
    apn :internet.movistar.com.co
    proxy :192.168.222.7
    puerto :9001
    nombre de usuario :movistar
    contraseņa :movistar
    servidor :
    MMSC :mms.movistar.com.co
    proxy MMS :192.168.222.7
    puerto MMS :9001
    protocolo MMS :wap 2.0
    MCC :732
    MNC :123

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Hi all,

From what our customers are telling us, the Veer seems to have some issues accepting custom APN settings. Here's a mini-HOWTO that will help you add your own custom APN settings to carrierdb.json.

These instructions are based on the manual process we go through to generate these files for people who ask, so they are a bit complicated. Please let us know if you have any corrections or suggestions!

1. If you are trying to activate a phone, you'll need to use the activation bypass first. Select the "call customer service" menu item on the activation screen, clear out the number, then dial #*3386633# (#*DEVMODE#). Switch the devmode option to "ON".

2. Install WebOS Quick install from here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html

3. Download the existing carrierdb.json (Tools > Receive > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json) and back it up. If you make a mistake anywhere along the way, you can always push the existing one back. If you don't make a backup you'll have to use WebOS doctor to fix it.

4. Use our carrierdb editor to create your carrierdb entry: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

(How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals has more information about the other keys if needed)

- Set MCC/MNC to the correct values for your carrier (from Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or call your carrier up to ask)
    - Set the SMS/MMS gateways to the correct values.
    - Set the Operator long/short names to the name of your carrier

5. Open the carrierdb.json file and scroll to the bottom.

6. Paste the generated output at the bottom.

7. Use WebOS quick install to push the file to /etc/carrierdb

8. Restart the device. It should now connect to your APN. If you used the activation bypass before, factory reset your device and you'll be able to activate properly.
    I followed the instructions in order to get 3G working on the UK vodafone network to no avail. The parameters i modified are:

Main Carrier DB Entry:
    "mcc":234,
    "mnc":15,
    "qOperatorLongName":"vodafone UK",
    "qOperatorShortName":"VODA",
    "mmscWapGateway":"212.183.137.12",

Data Connection Entry:
    "regionName":"vodafone UK",

Any thoughts ?
    Quote Originally Posted by suttonj1 View Post
    I followed the instructions in order to get 3G working on the UK vodafone network to no avail. The parameters i modified are:

Main Carrier DB Entry:
    "mcc":234,
    "mnc":15,
    "qOperatorLongName":"vodafone UK",
    "qOperatorShortName":"VODA",
    "mmscWapGateway":"212.183.137.12",

Data Connection Entry:
    "regionName":"vodafone UK",

Any thoughts ?
    I happen to be in the fortunate position of also having a UK Pre3, having compared the carriersdb.json file on the 2 deviced they look identical.

If anyone has any thoughs as to what i might be able to do in order to debug the 3G not connecting please let me know.

Thanks.
    Some off topic, I also had to add an entry for carrierdb.json for an African SIM card. Main purpose in my case was SMS, the SIM card didn't supply the SMS-Center. It worked.

A couple of settings were already posted here, is there anywhere a carrierdb.json as summery. Or maybe a new sticky thread and a time to time updated carrierdb.json?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I tried using the generator, and and had no issue updating the file, but still can't get connected to the APN. The phone is still trying to roam. Phone function is operating nicely.

The changes I did:
    "mcc":232,
    "mnc":11,
    "qOperatorLongName":"bob Austria",
    "qOperatorShortName":"bob",
    "mmscWapGateway":"194.48.124.71",
    "mmscUrl":"http://mmsc.bob.at",
    "mmscPortNumber":8001,
    "mmsProxy":"194.48.124.71",
    "mmsApnId":530,
    "voicemailNumber":"+4368077000",
    "smscNumber":"+436640501",

[{"apnid":102,
    "regionName":"data.bob",
    "serviceDefault":1,
    "supportedService":1,
    "cshnUserName":"data@bob.at",
    "cshnPassword":"ppp",
    "apn":"bob.at",
    "ignoreRoamGuard":false,
    "tetheredNaiRequired":false,
    "slot":0,
    "domains":[]}]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Everything works fine.

I've tried 12 times failed. But finally succeeded .

now I have a high speed 3G data connection.

TIP:
    1. Don't ever try to edit your carrier.json in widows notepad. I recommend download bluefish editor. Bluefish Editor : Home

2. When you insert "MNC" numbers from wikipedia, most of the operator MNC's are like 01, 04 or 05 etc. But When you insert MNC number into carrierdb.json enter only one letter if its miner than 10.
    Ex: if your operator's MNC number is "04" - Then you have to enter it as 4.

3. Digitalunlocker's online carrierdb.json editor not work with firefox. I used opera browser.

4. After you past the line at the end. make sure it has the MCC and MNC you entered.

If somene needs help reply me.

Can anyone help me to set my carrierdb.json?

Carrier comapy: Ancel
    Here: http://dearce.com.uy/es/2011/05/13/c...a-android-apn/ are the instructions with all the numbers needed to set an android phone.

Thanks.

taringaheroe
    From my carrierdb.json file off my GSM unlocked Pre 2, here is the Ancel entry:

Ancel carrierdb.json entry.docx

MCC, MNC and Carrier name are all a match...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    From my carrierdb.json file off my GSM unlocked Pre 2, here is the Ancel entry:

Ancel carrierdb.json entry.docx

MCC, MNC and Carrier name are all a match...
    Thanks RumoredNow

It did not work for me.
    Thinking in two different reasons:

1- I could not use Bluefish editor. It's impossible to install it in windows.
    Used Microsoft Word instead. Hope it works. (I assume that notepad does not work because the line adjustment error, so I guess word should work. If not, please tell me).

2- I'm trying to configure WAP (GSM gprs 56kbps, not 3G)

Should it work anyway?

Thanks, antiheroe
    Did you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and use webOS Quick Install to retrieve and send the file?

What phone and OS version do you have?

All the settings are correct in your dialer pad Preferences?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Did you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and use webOS Quick Install to retrieve and send the file?
    I used WebOs quick Install to retrieve the file to a folder I called d:\Install.Veer
    Made a copy just in case, renamed to carrierdbOriginal.json
    I downloaded the 'Ancel carrierdb.json entry.docx file you posted to the same folder.
    Then, I opened both files in MS Word 2007.
    I copied all text from your file to the clipboard, and pasted it at the end of my carrierdb.json
    Did it trying to follow the pattern (pasted it in a new line after the last characters: ="}
    Saved it as unformatted text. Word asked me the text code, selected Windows (other options were MS-DOS and Other)
    Then I sent the file to my Veer via WebOs Quick Install
    I opened my Phone-Menu-Network services-Manual configuration-edit network configuration and in MMS APN I found some new propertis which include the 3128 proxy used by my carrier.
    It does not let me change anything else, as any chance claims to be an invalid configuration. (I could change Internet APN from gprs.ancel to WAP before, now I can't do any kind of changes)

What phone and OS version do you have?
    AT&T HP Veer white, WebOS 2.1.2, P160UNA firmware version BU1.9.15(264), A hardware.

All the settings are correct in your dialer pad Preferences?
    Er... what do you mean?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast