1.    #1  
    Thanks, AT&T,<<mod delete>>

Doesn't help that Mobile Hotspot also stopped working for me. I can connect, but traffic doesn't go through. And no it's not the carrier, Bell officially supports tethering.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 06/19/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    tried freetether just to see if you get different results?
  3.    #3  
    Guess that's the workaround for now. I still think it's AT&T's crippling and it stopped working.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

do you use windows7? And are you paying the tethering charge?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    do you use windows7? And are you paying the tethering charge?
    Windows 7. Bell doesn't have tethering charges. It's included in data and officially supported.

It always worked with my Pre Plus.

then why are you blaming at&t?

and i think win7 may fzctor in here. I had ths same issus previously. I couldn't believe tat the issue was with windows, but someone ealked me through deletigg all my wifi profiles, removing the default that new wifi connections are public, etc... And boom, when i connected again as if it was a brand new computer, etc, it worked.

but that comes after you derstanding why you are blaming at&t for something on Bell. And if free tether works, thats better for you because thdy cant identify it as tetherd usage.
  7.    #7  
    then why are you blaming at&t?

and i think win7 may fzctor in here. I had ths same issus previously. I couldn't believe tat the issue was with windows, but someone ealked me through deletigg all my wifi profiles, removing the default that new wifi connections are public, etc... And boom, when i connected again as if it was a brand new computer, etc, it worked.

but that comes after you derstanding why you are blaming at&t for something on Bell. And if free tether works, thats better for you because thdy cant identify it as tetherd usage.
    Because the Veer is branded AT&T, and conveniently have the PAN profile taken away? And as I mentioned, I never had this problem with my Bell Pre (Plus). In fact my Pre Plus gained the PAN profile after being flashed and modified to work on Bell.

As a test, I tethered my Pre Classic to my Veer, and even that didn't work.

so you are saying that MHS works fine, but not over bluetooth, or mhs doesnt work at all? I think im getting confused.

and fwiw, verizon removed bluetooth access such that BT doesnt work with pockrt mirror either. BT is too slow for tethering, but with pocket mirdor it can really put me in a bi d on the road. So that limitation isnt just at&t...
  9.    #9  
    so you are saying that MHS works fine, but not over bluetooth, or mhs doesnt work at all? I think im getting confused.

and fwiw, verizon removed bluetooth access such that BT doesnt work with pockrt mirror either. BT is too slow for tethering, but with pocket mirdor it can really put me in a bi d on the road. So that limitation isnt just at&t...
    freeTether via Wi-Fi = Yes
    MHS via Wi-Fi = No
    Built-in Bluetooth PAN = No, doesn't even recognize it.

But I'm more convinced why freeTether worked is more on tweaks on the phone itself, rather than a network limitation. As I mentioned before both those forms of tethering worked before, and now I'm using this branded phone it doesn't work.

i wouldbet you that ' MHS over wifi = no' is the win7 issue i mentioned, unless you are able to wifi tether something else to it that works...

and remember that tethering via bt is limited to 400kbps so its waaaay faster to use wifi.

but i agree that vzw and at&t should not have removed bt capability. Do you feel better knowing vzw did it too? (grin)

edit: kbps
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/19/2011 at 08:12 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Because the Veer is branded AT&T, and conveniently have the PAN profile taken away? And as I mentioned, I never had this problem with my Bell Pre (Plus). In fact my Pre Plus gained the PAN profile after being flashed and modified to work on Bell.

As a test, I tethered my Pre Classic to my Veer, and even that didn't work.
    i wouldbet you that ' MHS over wifi = no' is the win7 issue i mentioned, unless you are able to wifi tether something else to it that works...

and remember that tethering via bt is limited to 400mbps so its waaaay faster to use wifi.

but i agree that vzw and at&t should not have removed bt capability. Do you feel better knowing vzw did it too? (grin)
    I guess you didn't read my post fully.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Huh? I though maximum throughput for bluetooth 2.0 is 2.1 Mbps.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    If you open freetether and turn on bluetooth as your internet connection, it doesn't work, right?
    Interesting. PAN is not listed under Supported bluetooth profiles. I wonder if that is a Veer thing, or a webOS 2.1.2 thing.

By the way, I've had some odd issues with freeTether on my Veer. I have had difficulty turning it off, and burning through the battery after I thought I turned it off. I have had to uninstall it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hmm i wonder if because he got an att branded veer, maybe its somewhat gimped because with att u need to pay the extra fee to tether...
    this is why i hate buying from Att and verizon, they always gimp stuff that sets the phone apart.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Interesting. PAN is not listed under Supported bluetooth profiles. I wonder if that is a Veer thing, or a webOS 2.1.2 thing.

By the way, I've had some odd issues with freeTether on my Veer. I have had difficulty turning it off, and burning through the battery after I thought I turned it off. I have had to uninstall it.
    I'm pretty sure it's a carrier thing.

As I mentioned before, my Pre Plus convert gained PAN after switching to the Bell doctor. Bell officially allows tethering on most data plans.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Did you post this to the freetether thread? Not sure if this happened to other people or not.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

How did you determine it was freetether, IOW, how did you figure out it was "still on" when you thought it was off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Did you post this to the freetether thread? Not sure if this happened to other people or not.
    I did, but no one has responded to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    How did you determine it was freetether, IOW, how did you figure out it was "still on" when you thought it was off?
    Well, when I turned it off, the lights at the bottom stayed on, which was my first clue. Then after tossing the card and relaunching it, the switch was turned on without me touching it. And my battery was dropping like crazy and everything was sluggish. Uninstalling freeTether fixed the issues. Reinstalling and using it again caused all the same problems.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Off topic, butI have had this problem as well. I have used TreeTether extensively while travelling the past two weeks. I got in the habit of just resetting my phone after each use. I also found the the DHCP server did not also start after closing FreeTether and reopening.

(I did try a bit to get BT tethering to work but was unsuccessful.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad