1.    #1  
    With Google Voice, it is possible to forward texts sent to the GV number to your gmail account. From there, you may reply to the email and the message is sent to the recipient as an SMS.

When I got my Veer, I noticed right off the bat that replies are never sent, no matter how many times I change the settings or what I do. No error message is ever received, the message is just never sent to the recipient, or even to the GV system, even though the message shows up in the sent box and on my desktop. I do not know if this is a problem with webOS 2.x or just the Veer.

Furthermore, I can still send these messages with my Pre just fine, no errors. Does anyone know if the architecture for sent messages has been changed in 2.x? I suspect that this may be the root cause of the problem.

The issue is becoming a major annoyance and any help is much appreciated.
    I think I've heard about this problem. I haven't tried it myself, but GV's api is very sensitive to the header. There must be something different in the email that gets sent, and GV can't handle it.

What does work, however, is having the text messages go to your phone. You can reply to them in SMS, and it sends to the other person, looking like it comes from your GV number. You can even store the number as one of the person's phone numbers and any SMS you send to that number will go to that person, looking like it comes from your GV number.
    I know that"s not all that clear, but if you get SMS messages sent to your Veer, it just works like you would want it to.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    Problem is, my Veer is WiFi only - it's a dev device... However, thank you for your help. Do you think that using a patch to set the header to match that of 1.4.x would fix the problem?
    Bummer. Well, it"s unsatisfactory, but you could use the web app interface. The mobile GV site works pretty well.
    I haven't tried Voogle, but I think it handles sms as well.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5.    #5  
    The web app interface refuses to cooperate for me (when I click on message threads, there is no response of any form). And, being a dev device, it is on a secondary Palm Profile that I don't have any payment services set up on... Although I am friends with the dev, which gives me a thought...

Also, do you think that patching the header to match that of 1.4.x would correct the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by F6F Freak View Post
    Also, do you think that patching the header to match that of 1.4.x would correct the problem?
    If the email header is in fact the problem, then making it match 1.4.x seems like it should fix it. I don't know if anyone has made such a patch, so you might have to do it yourself.