1.    #1  
    Hi all,

A well balanced review of the Veer. Al thought I still want a Pre3 as my primary phone and I am thinking of getting a Veer and switching my SIM card for when I need a smaller phone.

Please use the link to reach the balance of the article.

take care,

Jay

Palm info center review: HP Veer 4G Review
    By: Kris Keilhack, June 17, 2011

HP Veer 4G Review

Packaging & Box Contents
    I was a bit surprised to see HP carrying on with the rectangular Palm-style rigid cardboard box. The box is adorned in the standard AT&T blue, orange and white colors, which is starting to look a bit dated, as it reminds me too much of the old Cingular days. Nevertheless, the packaging is quite nice for a budget-oriented device.

In addition to the Veer itself, the box contains the standard documentation and paperwork, a mediocre 3.5mm stereo headset, and, tragically, the magnetic microUSB cable and 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. Sadly, Palm's classy "Designed in California" text has been removed.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Huh? 3.5mm headphones? I didn't get those with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Huh? 3.5mm headphones? I didn't get those with mine.
    got my veer new from ebay and i thought the seller had left out the head set but i guess not. guess it dosnt come with it
    Interesting review. As with most I've read, the criticisms were largely subjective, essentially saying, "this isn't the phone for me." That's nice, but it doesn't mean that HP doesn't have a solid reason for selling it. I remain likely to buy a Pre3 next month, but every time I play with my wife's Veer, I inch closer to buying one.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Interesting review. As with most I've read, the criticisms were largely subjective, essentially saying, "this isn't the phone for me." That's nice, but it doesn't mean that HP doesn't have a solid reason for selling it. I remain likely to buy a Pre3 next month, but every time I play with my wife's Veer, I inch closer to buying one.
    Hi all,

HP has said they designed the Veer for those who are 1st starting out with a smartphone....and that is exactly what they designed....

The should have people new to smartphones reviewing them or helping with the reviews......

The reviewers are all tech people, who they phone wasn't designed for......I agree with HP. They need to have a product in all categories of smartphones, small, a phone for newbies, a more advanced phone, large phones with a keyboard and slab phones....all in addition to the TouchPad....

We are not a cookie cutter society...we all have different needs...one thing that has always bothered me with Apple's approach with the smartphone...Jobs' refuses to entertain a removable battery.,...even though so many people want one.....the same thing with a keyboard....IMHO Apple's approach is too much of my way or the highway! (I'm sure a ton of Apple fans will want to now flog me, LOL)!

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group