1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/12/2011 at 04:39 AM.
    Doesn't work with my horse and trap either. Also it got really dirty when I plugged it into the Aux Power port.
    I had no problem making it work when I tried it. Are you using a Palm-branded adapter in your car?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah u are probably just not putting out enough power through the plug. if ure veer is working fine with the touchstone outside of the car then try switching the plug.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    the charger itself, that plugs in to the outlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Does anyone know if it works with the Veer usb lead and the standard Palm charger.
    The Touchstone would be demoted to a magnetic stand

I could walk down two stairs and check it myself, but I guess I'm too lazy to bother.
    Veer cable will never work because it has the magnetic connector, not a standard USB.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Does anyone know if it works with the Veer usb lead and the standard Palm charger.
    The Touchstone would be demoted to a magnetic stand

I could walk down two stairs and check it myself, but I guess I'm too lazy to bother.
    Yes, that would also work.
    Wow! That's disappointing. Does the it work on touchstones plugged into a wall? If so, I wonder if the veer just doesn't accept the lower power provided by a car vs a wall outlet.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Glad you solved it! Maybe one of your previous phones gobbled up all the magnetic-ness through magnetic osmosis.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have a slightly different problem here.

Touchstone works fine with both my Pre Plus and Veer, except that when the Veer is on it, it cycles when I operate my power windows and headlights (turning on or off, but continues working fine after they stabilized).

Rather embarrassing for me to ask this question since I should know the answer being an engineering major, but would putting a 12V capacitor in parallel with the power source fix this issue?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I would say meh, only because capacitors don't always do what they advertise. Then there is the part of the wiring and mounting of the capacitor, I would say not worth it. But this comes from a strictly audio side view of 12v capacitors so I could be completely wrong.

Time for me to feed the dogs and go back to sleep, no more playing with the Veer for a few hours, my brain isn't working...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Well what actually inspired me is actually a mod I did for my friend's HIDs back then. His car send square waves to the halogen bulbs to emulate a lower voltage for DRLs, which caused the HID relay to flicker. The solution was to add a small capacitor in parallel with the bulb relay circuit to smooth out the DRL voltage to give a constant signal. Was thinking it was along the same lines since I think the issue is a small voltage dip when I operate the high current items (i.e. power windows, headlights), so I use the capacitor to smooth out the circuit.

This was the page I referred to back then: The Ultimate DRL-HID Fix Thread.

LOL, not saying it wouldn't work, just seams like a task, if you have money and time to blow it could work. It's all about what is worth your investment.

DRL's are a weird beast in general speaking in strictly car terms... depends on who makes em, thinking it would be the same deal with your 12v supply to adapter, gonna have a ton of factors beyond just a cap.

As always just my random thoughts, since I know DRL wiring varries between models and manufacturers.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I think a fairly big capacitor in parallel would help, but I also think it would have to be big enough to damp out everything else on the circuit. And then you run into safety issues when you're storing that kind of energy. Your voltage regulator should already be smoothing things out. But it might only take a little more to get it smooth enough, you never know.
    The cigarette power adapter is handling surges already, but I think it's the source power having voltage dips, that's the issue.

Which is why I thought about the capacitor. As long if it can hold a few seconds to avoid that dip, it would be sufficient. I'm not even thinking huge capacitor like the audio ones, just a small can electrolytic one.