1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there's any chance to change the OS language on the Veer to anything else than English/Spanish (as those two are the only available options)?

Is it possible to include a language file as soon as Veers are sold in other parts of the world :-)

Cheers
    Peter
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, by meta-doctoring the future ROW webOS Version for Veer.
    ('Disable carrier check')
    There could be issues of course.
    So, it's something like what fearking achieved on another device, correct?

Which means, that as soon as the O2 version of the Veer is out, it'll be possible to include the language table of this version into my US Veer?
    And if do you need portuguese, cry with me!!

I gave a Pre to my wife, but she told me that don't like to use other languages...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  4.    #4  
    Depends what language it is you want to add.
    If you're interested in one of the standard languages of the European fw, then you could install that version after you manipulate it with Meta-Doctor.
    If you want to add Swahili, you may want to go down fearking's route.
    (Un)Fortunately not portuguese... I'd like to change the main language to german...
  5.    #5  
    great! thanks for your help!
    Good news !! I think French should be also available ?
    Your answer is in post #2.

The European webOS Doctor will include German.
    It will not install on an AT&T Veer because of the carrier check.
    You can disable this check using Meta-Doctor, and install the European firmware where you can select German.
    I think it's EFIGS (English/French/Italian/German/Spanish), as with other Euro webOS/Palm devices.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here