Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Stop posting those damn tech articles Jay, and tell us about your life instead.
    Infinitely more interesting!

ps: The above sounds like a great introduction to a novel.
    Hi all,

Since I am hope a great deal, due to taking care of my Mom, (she had 2 heart attacks and a stroke a little over 2 years ago),...i tried a few times to work on murder mystery......

I keep thinking I should...

1. b/c I love the genre
    &
    2. Many years ago, I was some what associated with a infamous murder case in NYC...I found the body of a murdered child when I was 9 years old....the child's name was Alice Marie Crimmins and it was a very big deal, there were 2 trials, I had to testify at one of them.....

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    LOL, that's why I had to qualify it.... I turn 30 this year.

I can't even imagine dealing with phones back then, I hate talking on the phone now. Party lines and having to deal with human operators ughhhh.
    Hi, My Maternal Grandfather was also an Electrician & had an store that sold anything electric from clothes dryers to fuses, so he was the first to get a phone on the block, (during the WW II to government restricted who could get a phone, since they were using almost everything from tires to phones for the war effort), but my Grand Dad business was considered essential to the area, so they got a phone...My Mom, my Aunt or Uncle used to take messages for people and deliver them at heir homes...they usually got tipped about a nickle for it....in those days it was big money....that would pay for them to go to the movies on Saturday...

Actually I preferred using a Real operator to having to call information and as a computer.....(are we supposed to say thank you when a machine gives you the lasting???, LOL)
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I have ONE sim with TWO numbers. Incomming calls are received by both. I can switch between theses numbers for outgoing call. This is to seperate private from job calls.
    This can also be accomplished with Google voice.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12