1.    #1  
    Since I am not the only one in this boat I thought I'd see what other's think

Things I like better about the veer:
    1. WiFi
    2. Web Browsing
    3. Screen size
    4. Just Type
    5. Facebook pictures popping up when someone calls
    6. Synergy in general
    7. Angry Birds
    8. Flicking the cards off the screen
    9. Finding a contact without opening an app.
    10. The weight.
    11. the size

Things I like better about the Centro:
    1. Agenda view as background
    2. Not having to do a huge work around to get my tasks into the Calendar and then when they are there they are not a checklist.
    3. Better reception with the centro (At&t for both)
    4. Better battery life
    5. Removable battery (easier to do a reset)
    6. being able to transfer data through Bluetooth.
    7. the Bluetooth tethering (I haven't figured out freeTether yet. My computer (windows xp) isn't finding the wifi network.
    8. Astraware Sudoku
    9. lemmings
    Centro CPU is 312Mhz.. while on Veer is 800Mhz,

Battery on Centro a bit bigger then Veer(mAH)

Centro can't do power off.. need to remove the battery. It is quite irritating when the battery almost dead and you need to save some power for crucial need.

Tethering using bluetooth is old way.. now wifi hotspot far better. Windows XP can do find WiFi hotspot except your notebook don't have WiFi.
    You give and you take. One of the guys here at work held off on the Pre because he couldn't create shortcut keys like on his Palm.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Tethering using bluetooth is old way.. now wifi hotspot far better. Windows XP can do find WiFi hotspot except your notebook don't have WiFi.
    My notebook has wifi but when I have freeTether turned on and do a search for freeTether in the network list I can't find it. It's not listed. haven't really delved into it to try and fix it and see what's wrong
    Unfortunately, with regard to 8 and 9 for the Centro over the Veer, Astraware Sudoku and Caveman (a Lemmings clone with updated graphics) have versions for the 320x480 Pre, but there is no version for the smaller resolution Veer and Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Centro can't do power off.. need to remove the battery. It is quite irritating when the battery almost dead and you need to save some power for crucial need.
    What? Yes you could. I did it all the time on mine. Just hold the red "end call" button for a few seconds and the phone powers off. Sadly my centro has long ago tossed off the mortal coil thanks to my 3 year old (at the time) who thought it'd be fun to dip it in milk like it was a cookie. So I can't actually confirm this. But I remember doing this... a lot.

Update: Apparently I don't have a very good memory. Becuase a quick google search says that the centro could not power itself off. To much consternation by...well pretty much everyone.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    ^ Yeah, you could power off the Phone app that way, but the PDA functions of the Centro would remain on without a battery removal.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    freeTether also has options for Bluetooth and USB tethering. I haven't used them myself, but they're there.

Some other things in the Veer's favor:
    GPS, much nicer fonts, much nicer icons, multi-touch.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    My notebook has wifi but when I have freeTether turned on and do a search for freeTether in the network list I can't find it. It's not listed. haven't really delved into it to try and fix it and see what's wrong
    Try update your Windows XP to latest Service Pack.

I haven't tried freeTether yet, because usually I use hotspot app on Verizon PrePlus which already build in. Now my PrePlus can't be use anymore, horrified phantom touch problem attack again. So I can't test the freeTether.

I will wait my Veer arrived and will test the freeTether on it.

The one thing I want to compare between Centro and Veer is the keyboard. Centro keyboard very small , but yet it is very usable. Can't wait to test the Veer by myself.
  10.    #10  
    Should have put that on my list. Definitely like the veer keyboard better but I liked the centro one as well
    I already got my Veer, I found mobile hotspot already there... so why need freeTether for wifi hotspot? except you want to use usb / bluetooth connection?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I was a Centro user for about 3 years and was even using TealOS which was similar to WebOS. Last week I had to pull out the trusty Centro when Pre #5 died and I was waiting for Pre #6. After a year using my Pre+, I can say that I get a lot more use from my Pre than I ever did with the Centro, though I still have PalmOS programs that have no replacement and still must use Classic. Overall, WebOS gives you much more, IMO. So the Veer would be a very good phone.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    After a year using my Pre+, I can say that I get a lot more use from my Pre than I ever did with the Centro,
    I second this, both for the wife and I.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...