Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    there shouldn't be any lag in using the calendar once it's loaded. Are you using google for calendar, or some other cloud service? Or just the default profile?

ANd have you tried restarting and doctoring your phone? I've played with the veer in a bunch of stores, and never seen what you are describing. I suppose it could be related to your signal strength, so it would be interesting to see if it works differently when you are standing in an area with better coverage, and also while connected over WiFi...
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    LOL! That is brilliant. That whole sequence of strips is.
    My fav...

I remember for 1.4x there was a patch for the reducing the loading lag. Not sure for 2.1 though.
    gamoses, I think you are missing out on a feature that can help you out: Just Type. Just type the calendar event in card view and select New Calendar Event in Quick Actions. When you tap on that, the calendar will come up and immediately have the calendar information view open for you to put the dates and time. If you leave the calendar app open at all times (this is webOS, so why wouldn't you), the delay between selecting New Calendar Event and having the information view open in front of you is 10ths of a second (this is on a Pre+ at 800MHz with 2.1 running on it). Try doing that on a Centro.

Do yourself a favor...go into card view, start typing some letters, then look at all of the Just Type actions available to you. There are a number of key ones available by default, and there are plenty more you can add. This type of quick action power is well beyond PalmOS. I used Garnett on my Zire71 and I wouldn't go back for anything, even if I had a TX.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I agree w/falconrap. I am only on a Pre- with webOS 1.4.5, but I was just about to ask why you don't "just type" to the Calendar? Based on this thread, I was wondering if it couldn't be done, but seems to be one of those things it was designed for.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    hmm, i hadn't actually played with "just type" that much (obviously)
    but it still doesn't fix my reception issue ;-)

in "just type" is there a way to re-order the selections that appear?

in the calendar, is there a way to enter times via the keypad instead of the annoying scrolling drop-down box?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    hmm, i hadn't actually played with "just type" that much (obviously)
    but it still doesn't fix my reception issue ;-)

in "just type" is there a way to re-order the selections that appear?

in the calendar, is there a way to enter times via the keypad instead of the annoying scrolling drop-down box?
    Yes, and yes.
    Go to Just Type preferences, tap and hold on an item in the list, and you'll see it change, then you can drag it up and dow to reorder the list.
    In the calendar entry, tap on the entry and then type in the keypad. It just works.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I should also say that many of us went through what you're experiencing when the Pre came out. I was on the verge of going back to my 755p for about two weeks until I really started to learn the interface and change some of my habits. Just Type is super powerful, but it takes some practice to work it into your routine.
    I eventually found that going back was really giving up a lot more than I realized when I picked up my 755p later.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Im guessing the texting SMS lag.....its PITA after a while.
    Is there a thread on the SMS lag? Because I've started noticing it recently. It didn't happen before, but has just started on my frankenpre2. Is there some resolution on what to do about it? What causes it, etc?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    and i have to say this one again, because it's another biggie for me: I miss the page-down button! scrolling with a finger is driving me crazy. how do you consistently move the bottom of the page to the top without under- or over-shooting it? consequently, my arm gets tired, LOL
    I believe that you can use the gesture area for a page down. Just swipe across it in the browser in landscape and you will se what I mean. If it doesn't work then go to settings and turn on advanced gestures. You still do have to use your finger to swipe but you may find it better.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I believe that you can use the gesture area for a page down. Just swipe across it in the browser in landscape and you will se what I mean. If it doesn't work then go to settings and turn on advanced gestures. You still do have to use your finger to swipe but you may find it better.
    Unfortunately, that's broken on the Veer (perhaps on other 2.x devices as well). It scrolls a bit more than a whole page rather than a bit less. I think someone flipped a minus to a plus. I'm hoping this one gets fixed with the next update because I used it quite a lot.

There is a patch for the browser, it's my favorite patch, that will give you some keyboard shortcuts for page up/down and scroll to top/bottom. It's called Multi Mod, and you can find it in the browser category on Preware.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There is a patch for the browser, it's my favorite patch, that will give you some keyboard shortcuts for page up/down and scroll to top/bottom. It's called Multi Mod, and you can find it in the browser category on Preware.
    awesome!! i searched for this answer on the forums before and didn't see this. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Unfortunately, that's broken on the Veer (perhaps on other 2.x devices as well). It scrolls a bit more than a whole page rather than a bit less. I think someone flipped a minus to a plus. I'm hoping this one gets fixed with the next update because I used it quite a lot.

This would be a nice patch that Rod or any of the other awesome WebOS Internals peoplez could do. If the problem is just that is scrolls to much, I imagine that it wouldn't be to difficult to fix with a quick patch. Just change the value of how much it scrolls after you find the file that defines it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I've slowly worked Just Type into my everyday use, but as I use it more, I realize more and more just how powerful it is, and how quickly it helps you get things done. It is also one of those features that I can whip out on an user of other smartphone platforms and make them drool over it. It really is a feature that HP needs to harp on a LOT more because of how great a differentiating feature it is.

Glad I could help you find a better way to deal with your calendar.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12