Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #HPVeer was trending all of yesterday, but given the number of people who were confused by it (thinking it was something to do with Harry Potter) they changed it to #smallbutpowerful by the end of the day. This didn't really help as people just started tweeting 'inspirational' and 'philosophical' tweets.

Any way its continued trending without promotion by HP all of today and Coke seem to have stolen HP's thunder a little, with their sponsored tweet:

One #smallbutpowerful Coca-Cola bottle may cause instant happiness! 049 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Bit of an advertising **** up if you ask me, waste of money. People either thought it was about Harry Potter and were very peeved off when they realised it was a smartphone, or they had no idea what was going on. Costs $50000 dollars supposedly too!!! Lots of people calling it a printer too... :s

Thoughts.
    Cool story bro
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    They should've got HP Veer 4G to trend from the start.
    I don't think #smallbutpowerful was a "promoted tweet" at all. You can see which ones are paid for on the main Twitter site.
    I agree with the 'advertising **** up' part though. Great idea... poor implementation.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Nah it was trending yesterday as a promoted one, but so many people started using the hashtag for random 'words of wisdom' its still trending.