1.    #1  
    In order to find out how much it'll cost to replace my broken gorilla glass I was in contact with the 24/7 support chat...

Out of warranty service for the HP Veer costs $199
    Battery replacement for the HP Veer costs $69

Both prices can be found on the Palm Support Site

For the moment, the only way to send in a Veer for repair is to have a US or Canadian address where the unit can be picked up and sent back...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The battery should be less of an issue you will soon be able to get a replacement battery for much cheaper online (and perhaps even with extended life) and replace it with your bare hands.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The battery should be less of an issue you will soon be able to get a replacement battery for much cheaper online (and perhaps even with extended life) and replace it with your bare hands
    I'm not sure about this, but if I had to guess I'd say opening up a Veer - which isn't designed to be opened up - will void your warranty entirely.

(non-replaceable battery and lack of compass are the two things kinda turning me off the Veer right now)
    I doubt that replacing the battery will void the warranty in that you won't have to break a warranty seal, that's my thinking anyway I may be wrong.

Lack of camera flash is my biggest turnoff for the veer. My Pre 2 works fine without a compass and I use NDrive all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I doubt that replacing the battery will void the warranty in that you won't have to break a warranty seal, that's my thinking anyway I may be wrong.

Lack of camera flash is my biggest turnoff for the veer. My Pre 2 works fine without a compass and I use NDrive all the time.

You have to be VERY careful to not break the warranty sticker. Rod was able to do it, but I would doubt every user would be able to do this easily, looked like close quarters in there from the Pics. Maybe Rod will see this and chime in.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    from the german O2-Support-Website:
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../44763_de.html

[German]
    Erstellung einer Kostenpflichtigen Reparatur

Wenn der Schaden an Ihrem Gerät fällt Garantie abgedeckt ist, oder wenn Ihr Gerät nicht mehr abgedeckt unter der Gewährleistungsfrist, können Sie sich für einen kostenpflichtigen Reparatur von HP zu arrangieren.

Ihr Gerät benötigt nur dann eine Reparatur, wenn das Problem als Hardware-Fehler bestätigt wird. 09:00 - 17:30

Österreich: 01 50222 1250
    Deutschland: 069 92032181
    Die Schweiz: 41 44 430 04 85
    [/German]

I just talked to the german hpalm support about an out of warrant repair of my veer that I bought in the US. In general this is possible and the costs are as followed:

Out of warranty service for the HP Veer costs €150
    Battery replacement for the HP Veer costs €69

BUT: there is no repair-service setup at the moment! the very friendly guy on the phone told me, that it's still the first month of release where units get replaced instead of repaired... the guy from hpalm-support will call me back next week tough...
    Out of curiosity why do you need a new battery?
  8.    #8  
    @somline: as stated above - I wanted to get my Veer repaired out-of-warranty. the reason for this can be found here
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    @somline: as stated above - I wanted to get my Veer repaired out-of-warranty. the reason for this can be found here
    Thanks but why is the glass related to the battery?
  10.    #10  
    I started this thread with the subject 'Battery replacement / Out of warranty service cost'.

I just put the battery replacement cost into the post to complete the information for EU owners (same information as in the OP for the US market)
    OK, now I've got it ;-)
    Good to know what it will cost. Thanks and I hope you get everything repaired.
    Such a sad story.
    Hopefully by the time I need to replace my battery my phone will be out of warranty and I will just buy a battery and pop the back off. Then again by then who knows what HP will have out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If HP do things right, WebOS updates will grant us with a better battery life. That's one.

Two, OSVWL is right, but if there's an option to put a better battery in the Veer via some service and it is not that expensive, I may give it a try !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner