1.    #1  
    I searched for a post on this but didn't see one - maybe I missed it - But did anyone watch The View yesterday? I just caught the end of a segment they were doing on hot new gadgets, and they were featuring the Veer as one of those gadgets. The guy really talked it up and of course, everyone in the audience went home with one. This show gets good ratings.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Here is the .

The Veer segment starts at about 2:15
    Last edited by bulliedog; 06/11/2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added more detaill
    Nice. All the Moms in the audience passing out those Veers to their kids. Start a grass roots movement amongst those tweens....well, if the Moms didn't steal them first :-P

I like how HP is not mentioned till the very end so kept reading the "Palm" touchstone :P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Sweet! HP IS BRINGIN' THA RAIN in marketing. webOS WILL WIN!!!
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    need more spots like that . . . but neat to hear the dude talk it up ~
    I don't watch the view but I know plenty of women who do (and stay at home dads for that matter)...I guarantee that it will be WAY more effective than those stupid stupid stupid verizon mom ads
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I don't watch the view but I know plenty of women who do (and stay at home dads for that matter)...I guarantee that it will be WAY more effective than those stupid stupid stupid verizon mom ads
    This is very very true.

the worst way to sell something to a demographic is to pander to its stereotypes.

showing a mom in the kitchen baking is not how you sell things to moms. they'd rather not be reminded of 1950's anti-feminist stereotypes.

those were stupid stupid ads.
    This is great! This is why the Veer came first. Form the appetite for webOS with the Veer. Feed them with the TouchPad and Pre3.

(Note: I like the Veer and would probably get it if on VZW. That phone with the TouchPad = WIN! Some people fill up on appetizers also!)
    I don't get why the Veer even exists. Give us Pre 3 already!
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSROCKS1 View Post
    I don't get why the Veer even exists. Give us Pre 3 already!
    Sorry to hear that

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Everybody goes nuts over free swag. It's cool that the whole audience got Veer's.
    I wish HP would have gotten to Oprah before she did her last show. Way more people watch Oprah, and every time she mentions products on her show, they usually see sharp rises in sales. Oh well, I guess the View is the next best thing.
    After using the Veer over the past 3 days, I can see why it's targeted towards kids and tweens.

I can't imagine this being my primary phone.