Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Here are the issues that I've heard about or are having that I'd like to know are working before seriously considering buying another webOS phone (I currently have a Pixi Plus on webOS 1.4.5):

1) I've read many threads about problems syncing with Google calendars on webOS 2.x. Have you had problems with this on your new Veer?

2) Since the 1.4.5 update I can no longer bookmark web sites or see my viewing history in the Web browser. Does this problem still exist?

3) As is well known, the PDF viewer that comes with the phone has been inconsistant at reading PDF files. Has that been fixed on the Veer?

4) The 1.4.5 update also messed up all of the notes in the Contacts app when viewing the contact card. Has that bug been fixed?

Hope you're all enjoying your phones. And if you're new to webOS, I hope you're enjoying the format--it's beautiful isn't it?

Thanks for any feedback!
    There is a patch that changes the timefrae for syncing the google calendar on the first time.

There is a patch for #2

The .pdf reader is reported to be better but not perfect.

The note bug is fixed in 2.0 on my Pre2
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    patches, unfortunately, are not an option for me. just not technically comfortable with them. and besides, we shouldn't have to patch our phones to get promised usability.

1) webOS requires that we use a calendar on the cloud (if we use more than one calendar since the palm profile calendar does not support categories). this should work flawlessly, especially since they advertise synergy as a major advantage over other Apple/Android.

2) again, I shouldn't require a patch to use the browser as I would online. Apple/Android don't.

3) still not acceptable--I can read any pdf on my iPod touch 1st gen (which I usually have to do)

4) well at least they fixed something

guess I'll have to wait to see if Pre 3 fixes the other problems--otherwise may have to jump to another platform....
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    with cal, if u dont patch i believe u will only sync the first three months forward and 1 month back. the patch changes that to about a year forward and 6 months back.

its really not too hard to patch things with preware. its not like android or ios where u really have to go digging through the os. with patches its exactly like adding an app from the palm, only instead of the app catalog u use preware...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    patches, unfortunately, are not an option for me. just not technically comfortable with them. and besides, we shouldn't have to patch our phones to get promised usability.

1) webOS requires that we use a calendar on the cloud (if we use more than one calendar since the palm profile calendar does not support categories). this should work flawlessly, especially since they advertise synergy as a major advantage over other Apple/Android.

2) again, I shouldn't require a patch to use the browser as I would online. Apple/Android don't.

3) still not acceptable--I can read any pdf on my iPod touch 1st gen (which I usually have to do)

4) well at least they fixed something

guess I'll have to wait to see if Pre 3 fixes the other problems--otherwise may have to jump to another platform....
    I agree that you shouldn't have to patch your phone. I also don't think politicians should send inappropriate tweets and txt messages, but that's just the way things are...

It's easy enough that you shouldn't be afraid. If patches aren't an option, then your only option is to hope that Palm changes the things you don't like in a future version of webOS.

But I urge you to install Preware and give it a shot. It's impossible to bork your phone. The phone is designed to be patched.
    For the record, the calendar works flawlessly, as far as I can tell, given the timeframe limitation.

And I can view browser history and make bookmarks on my Veer, but then I could do that on 1.4.5 on my Pre as well.

The pdf reader still has multiple issues that keep it from being usable for lots of documents.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    The disappearing bookmarks/history bug is a profile-level issue - or at least it was for me. It followed me from my Pre2 to my Veer. The "fix" was deleting my bookmarks and starting over ... Haven't had a problem since.

Google Calendar sync issues were bad with 2.0.1, but I've had no problems with it on my Veer running 2.1.2.

Can't speak to the other issues.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.