Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Have been a Pixi Plus user for a long time. Have used iPhone, Android devices, etc but prefer the Pixi. Carry it and an iPad.

But I decided to try the Veer. I like the device. Great Speed and keyboard. And I got used to the slippery white case (must hang on to the white version as it easily slip out of your hands). But I gave up because the battery life is the worst I have seen of all the devices I have used. I do get HSPDA+ signal all the time in my area but it just drains the battery. All battery saving items are turned off and screen brightness at is lowest setting. I can have it plugged in all night, take if off the charger, and in 10 minutes it drops from 100% to 90%. I used it from 5:45am this morning until 6:20am and it had dropped to 62% from 100% right off the charger. So it is going back to AT&T today. Other than this issue it is a great device.
    have you tried installing a custom kernel or at least resinstalled the normal kernel via preware? I've seen that help in the past.
    Also using Wifi helps with battery life, so if thats available I would suggest using that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    have you tried installing a custom kernel or at least resinstalled the normal kernel via preware? I've seen that help in the past.
    Actually what he described sounds like a defective battery. Shouldn't go from 100 to 62.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Sounds like a replacement might do the trick.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Most are reporting exceptional battery life. Either the OP uses his phone for constant browsing and youtube streaming, or there is a defective battery, or something.
    Yeah that is worse than my 4 year old centro battery in my Pre - with HEAVY use. We have 4 total batteries 2 4 year old Centro and 2 2 year old Pre batteries. All much better than this.

I am on the bad battery boat.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had terrible battery life until I allowed my phone to completely discharge (until it turned off) and recharged it. After that battery life improved tremendously.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Is that even an option?
    I just gave the unlock to codecrumb.
    Don't think he even started yet.
    In my opinion, using a custom kernal to achieve normal battery life is NEVER an option, even if it was available.
    I'm experiencing amazing battery life. I get more life out of a fully charged Veer than I would previously get with 2 fully charged batteries and my Pre2 or Pre-.

Last night I pulled the Veer off the touchstone before heading out to watch the game - some light txting, twitter, browsing, email - 4 hours later I was still at 88%.

I only have 3g setup on my phone currently - have never seen the H+.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbluff View Post
    Have been a Pixi Plus user for a long time. Have used iPhone, Android devices, etc but prefer the Pixi. Carry it and an iPad.

But I decided to try the Veer. I like the device. Great Speed and keyboard. And I got used to the slippery white case (must hang on to the white version as it easily slip out of your hands). But I gave up because the battery life is the worst I have seen of all the devices I have used. I do get HSPDA+ signal all the time in my area but it just drains the battery. All battery saving items are turned off and screen brightness at is lowest setting. I can have it plugged in all night, take if off the charger, and in 10 minutes it drops from 100% to 90%. I used it from 5:45am this morning until 6:20am and it had dropped to 62% from 100% right off the charger. So it is going back to AT&T today. Other than this issue it is a great device.
    i tried out the white veer for one day. the little bugger was slippery as heck. was kinda concerned about laying it out places, getting scratched, and dirt getting in them. the rubberized black is definitely worth your time. the at&t folks will have no problem with you exchanging it within 30 days.

as far as the battery issue. that is ridiculous. i haven't experienced it though. quite the opposite. looks like you need to kill to birds with a stone and get the black veer.
    Just another vote for "OP has a defective Veer." My battery life has been quite good.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Well thanks to ATT we dont have an option for 2G/3G data like all every other GSM webOS phone in the world. 2G or EDGE is good enough for emails so unless you are heavy web surfer or maps user there is no need to have 3G constantly on.