1.    #1  
    Anyone got an update notification this morning to update to WebOS 2.1.2??? Which is weird as I'm already on 2.1.2!!!

The Veer is unlocked and running on Rogers. Could this be why? Is Rogers pushing this update?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    I didn't get anything...just curious, how big was the update?
  3.    #3  
    Took about 20 minutes to apply .. its done now... and I cant really see any difference.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Is the build number 2296 when you tap HP WebOS 2.1.2 in Device information?
  5.    #5  
    Yep! 2296...
  6. vpr
    Mine is Build 2296 and I have NOT received an update notification.
    yeah it was probably just a glitch or test on hp's part
    could it be an update to enable touch to share?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    could it be an update to enable touch to share?
    According to HP that's 2.2 IIRC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    yeah got the 2.1.2 update and I am in the UK.
  11.    #11  
    Seems to be localised to unlocked Veers.
    It happened to me too. Last night, I didn't have the energy to actually do anything other than roll-over and start the DL it was done this morning when I woke up. I did however notice it said 2.1.2 which i thought was very weird...I was kind of hoping it fixed this weird lagg I'm having while sending sms/mms messages...
    Since the shipping build for the HP Veer is 2296, the update you saw just puts you on the current retail build that you should have. No new features, just the current build you should be on.

Out of the box my ATT Veer had 2296 build on it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....