1.    #1  
    I was in the process of activating my Veer. I got sidetracked and I guess it just shut off on its own. When I turned it back on, it just goes to the HP boot logo. It doesnt flash or anything, it just sits at that screen. I've tried doing all the different ways to restart but nothing happens. I plugged it in to the computer for about 20 mins and also the wall charger for the same amount of time and nothings working. My computer wont recognize the phone so I cant do a doctor. Any ideas?
    This worked for me: hold down the white key, the ‘sym’ key and the ‘R’ key at the same time.
    Also try holding down the Power Button while switching the Mute button on & off 3 times (kind of like Dorothy going back home from Oz). If neither of the above tricks work, pull the battery. Before reinstalling it, hold the volume up button while plugging in the USB cable. You will see a battery icon with a ? mark. Reinstall the battery & you should see a USB icon. The Doctor should now see your device so you can run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Also try holding down the Power Button while switching the Mute button on & off 3 times (kind of like Dorothy going back home from Oz). If neither of the above tricks work, pull the battery. Before reinstalling it, hold the volume up button while plugging in the USB cable. You will see a battery icon with a ? mark. Reinstall the battery & you should see a USB icon. The Doctor should now see your device so you can run it.
    The battery pull would be kind of hard to do on the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    pull the battery. Before reinstalling it, hold the volume up button while plugging in the USB cable. You will see a battery icon with a ? mark. Reinstall the battery & you should see a USB icon. The Doctor should now see your device so you can run it.
    try this without the battery pull...just plug it into the PC connect cable while holding the volume up button and it should trigger recovery mode(white USB symbol)
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    The battery pull would be kind of hard to do on the Veer.
    Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that! What he/she said
    For any new users, I had this problem on one phone... put in the SIM card, then did the power button while switching the ringer off switch off and on, seamed to work well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    try this without the battery pull...just plug it into the PC connect cable while holding the volume up button and it should trigger recovery mode(white USB symbol)
    Thanks for this. Saved my day.