Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my first Touchstone. I actually bought two of them. When I put the phone on the charger it connects/disconnects over and over again. One of them I got to work but it only charges with out connecting and disconnecting for a little while. 57% it started and then at 74% it started. When I moved it around it stopped. The other one I never managed to make it stop. The other threads about this problem talk about back covers, popping batteries in and out etc. Which doesn't seem to apply to the veer.

Any suggestions?
    If you said moving around makes it stop, it's the coils not aligned.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    one stops when I move it around. But it was charging for twenty minutes or more and then out of the blue starts making noise. The other I never get it to stop no matter how much I move it around.
    Try putting a thin piece of card (e.g. a business card), then put your phone on the dock, see if that helps. I heard some might be a clearance issue, and there's a more permanent fix for that if it is the case.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    the one I have never got to stop beeping the card didn't do anything for. the other one it seemed I could find the correct place easier with the card. The moving I have to do is mm., just slight adjustments to find the correct place. Definitely, can't just lay the phone down and move on.
    set it on the touchstone slightly above where it belongs, and gravity will make sure it slides in to place.
  7.    #7  
    both seem to be happy right now . I'm afraid to breath too close to them, it might mess it up.

Does any usb to car charger work or do I need to use the palm one.
    its best to use the palm charger, but others will work if they can produce 1000mAh of juice.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have found that if you use a different cable other than the original one that came with the phone, you will have problems. I almost threw out one of my touchstone chargers until I went back to original, short, cable. No problems since.
  10.    #10  
    of course the veer cable won't work. So I bought "2x Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable! This professional grade custom cable outperforms the original!" on Amazon.
    one worked, one didn't. Working on returning it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    set it on the touchstone slightly above where it belongs, and gravity will make sure it slides in to place.
    The black veer doesn't exactly slide down into place. The back isn't slippery enough. But if I put it slightly above and then slowly pull down it seems to work well to get into place.

Thanks for all the help from all of you.
    If it starts to act up (bing bong when you leave it on over night) then return it and get a new one if you can. Some are just junk. I bought 10 or 12 when the Verizon and Radio Shack sales first happened and they had like a 50% fail rate. Some would work perfectly and the others would just be trash.
    Similar problems were reported by users whose Touchstones were too hot. If you've placed them on a sunny shelf or if they just came off a hot delivery truck, give them time to cool.

Great suggestions in this thread. Never thought of aftermarket cables also being a problem.
    You can still buy official Palm wall chargers with official Palm USB cables on Amazon for dirt cheap:

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

Price seems to fluctuate daily, but shipping is free on this item, and the price has never gone above $5 as far as I know. As I write this it's $3.76 with free shipping.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    ^It's near that price on VZW's website, too. Along with $4 Touchstones and free shipping! Just bought two of each.
    Does VZW sell the charger with the Palm USB cable? Amazon's deal gets you both the Palm wall transformer and the Palm USB cable. I was under the impression that the cable is usually not included.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Yep ... VZW's current deal is a Touchstone in one box with nothing else for around 4 or 5 bucks, and a wall plug and USB cable in another box for something like 3 or 4 bucks. Jus unpacked them and checked.

BTW retail pricing on them is 50 and 30 bucks, respectively. What a steal!
    Nice. Both are great deals, but $3.76 is still less than $4.97. However VZW does ship it to you overnight. The Amazon deal is definitely not overnight. So maybe that's worth the extra $1.21.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I have this same problem but when I switch around to my other pre everything is ok. So it must be my phone. Any suggestions there?
    Possibly a problem with the battery cover. Try swapping that out and see if problem persists.
    webOS user since 20090606.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast