Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    If it starts to act up (bing bong when you leave it on over night) then return it and get a new one if you can. Some are just junk. I bought 10 or 12 when the Verizon and Radio Shack sales first happened and they had like a 50% fail rate. Some would work perfectly and the others would just be trash.
    Haven't had a good night's sleep since I bought the touchstone. time to return it. I will try the verizon website. Can I buy accessories from Verizon without being a customer?
    Last edited by riw; 06/14/2011 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Possibly a problem with the battery cover. Try swapping that out and see if problem persists.
    Wha??? Veer battery cover???
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wha??? Veer battery cover???
    Sorry - assumed casiouser was talking about two Pres, not a Pre and a Veer.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    I have found that if you use a different cable other than the original one that came with the phone, you will have problems. I almost threw out one of my touchstone chargers until I went back to original, short, cable. No problems since.

Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    of course the veer cable won't work. So I bought "2x Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable! This professional grade custom cable outperforms the original!" on Amazon.
    one worked, one didn't. Working on returning it.
    I just got the original palm cable from Verizon and all my "faulty" touchstones that were

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    buzzing like a fat bee.
    Suddenly work perfectly. So much for the

Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    "Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable! This professional grade custom cable outperforms the original!" on Amazon.
    Will try and return the other cables.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    You need to adjust to get the right position. It takes me a good 30 secs to readjust everytime. Veer is probably too small for such a big touchstone.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    You need to adjust to get the right position. It takes me a good 30 secs to readjust everytime. Veer is probably too small for such a big touchstone.
    adjust the phone or the cable? With the original cable the phone isn't requiring any adjusting It just sits there quietly and charges. With the other cable (see above) it required a ton of adjusting and then it would start ringing in the middle of the night and trying to get the phone on just right at 2 am is really frustrating. Two of the touchstones were never able to get the veer on juuuuuust righhhht, but with the other cable this is not a problem.

Do you think there is a way to make the other cables work properly?
    This thread offers a solution for bing-bong at 100% for earlier Pres:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ouchstone.html (page 1)

For bing-bong under 100%, here's my contribution about USB cables (as tested on a Veer and a Pre3). Basically, use shorter cables:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3276484 (page 5)

- maxbo