1.    #1  
    i have this on the veer and don't know what it means.

it is the phone icon with an arrow on the top right near the wifi icon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    The App Catalog has and update looks like.
    I thought it meant that call forwarding was enabled... or maybe that it doesn't have a SIM card.

Here are all the icons they define, and that it's NOT one of them...

EDIT: fixed typo
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/09/2011 at 02:55 PM.
    My bad....I saw without reading.... I thought he meant the card not the phone pic. Not sure what that image is suppose to mean.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I thought it meant that call forwarding was enabled... or maybe that it doesn't have a SIM card.

Here are all the icons they define, and that it's one of them...

I don't see the icon that I am asking... am i getting blind?!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I don't see the icon that I am asking... am i getting blind?!

You are not blind. I posted everything on the AT&T site with the comment that the one you are asking about isn't on the list. I speculated that it's because it's missing a SIM because I've seen that symbol on other phones in the AT&T store... but I also thought I saw that symbol at the Feb 9th event and they said something about call forwarding. So my guess is one of those two. I hope that clarifies.

Here are all the icons they define, and that it's one of them...
    You are not blind. I posted everything on the AT&T site with the comment that the one you are asking about isn't on the list. I speculated that it's because it's missing a SIM because I've seen that symbol on other phones in the AT&T store... but I also thought I saw that symbol at the Feb 9th event and they said something about call forwarding. So my guess is one of those two. I hope that clarifies.
    Actually you had a typo that confused him (and me)...
    Download the AT&T doctor, search for one of the files names you know, and find it. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Actually you had a typo that confused him (and me)...
    OK, thanks. I fixed my typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have this on the veer and don't know what it means.

it is the phone icon with an arrow on the top right near the wifi icon

It is saying "flick the card that you have opened away so that we can all see the pic of the chick on the beach!"
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    It is saying "flick the card that you have opened away so that we can all see the pic of the chick on the beach!"
    haha! I intentionally placed the card there. It is my wife and daughter playing on the beach for my eyes only sorry
    Call forwarding is about the only thing that makes any sense at all. When the SIM is not plugged in, it changes the Network to Check SIM SOS Only. I haven't tried enabling call forwarding to see whether that icon pops up or not.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I just looked at the Pics I took at #thinkbeyond and I can see that icon on the Veer screen. Unfortunately I took the pics with my Pre+ so the lighting isn't great and it's not close enough to look like a screen shot, but it's there. I remember the HP person telling me it indicated call forwarding is enabled, but I didn't make a call to confirm that it was actually activated on a carrier network...

I recommend that the OP start with checking to see if he has calls forwarded after a certain number of rings...

Somewhere around these forums are pictures taken with a better camera, by the guy that owned the Pre- in that picture... (mrkalel). He made an entire thread full of great pictures and I was his hand model.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/09/2011 at 04:49 PM.
  14.    #14  
    for some reason the icon disappeared... And for the record, the call forwarding was never on.

thanks guys
    It is the call forwarding icon.

Might want to check this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2811391
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Yes, it is call forwarding. I just forwarded my Pre 2 number for the first time and that icon is showing up in the top bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    It is the call forwarding icon.

Might want to check this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2811391
    Agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I still say it's the Garlic breath icon.
    I thought it meant that you get a developer coupon for a Pre2 to sell

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums