Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I Uploaded 3 full length movies onto my HP Veer in iPhone format (that play fine on the iPhone 3GS). About 3/4 of the way thru each of the videos, the audio begins lagging the video, then gets progressively worse. Eventually, I get an error message and the movie stops. This has happened on all 3 videos.
    Whats the error message?
    That's not good. Sounds like this should be reported in the bug thread--stickied above.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    It just says file error and gives you the option to go back. When you click on that , there is just a black screen.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am going to convert the files to 3pg format and see if that makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, how much memory does a movie use?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The films in mp4 format are between 750 and 900 mb each. I converted them to 3pg files that are between 220 and 280 mg each (high quality) and the same thing happens. I guess the processor cannot handle full length films. I realize it is a little silly watching films on a such a small screen, but I travel alot and I like to keep a film on in the background while I work, so this is a big disappointment to me. Otherwise, I really like the Veer, and love the web os interface.
    Processor and RAm on Veer is better than 3GS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by printer235 View Post
    I Uploaded 3 full length movies onto my HP Veer in iPhone format (that play fine on the iPhone 3GS). About 3/4 of the way thru each of the videos, the audio begins lagging the video, then gets progressively worse. Eventually, I get an error message and the movie stops. This has happened on all 3 videos.
    What is your swap use at that point?
    can confirm this bug. i am using handbrake to convert my vids, which run fine on my pre- and my pre3. anyone have a workaround. couldnt find related topic in this forum.
    i tried several programs to convert the vids, but still the same. after 9:15 min the playback stops and an error message occurs. even after resetting the veer with the webdoctor the error remains...
    i talked with the hp/palm hotline, they offered me a pickup, which i will have to take, i guess. even after resetting the veer the problem remains. also selfmade vids stop after a while, repeatedly. made a vid which is 30 minutes, after 11:20 it stopped, and again after 22:40... curious...