Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    New to the Veer and I have been doing well just figuring stuff out, but how do you hang up the phone when the screen is black, you are driving with a headset on? I fumbled with the phone hit the upper right button, but it brought up my pin entry screen and I didn't want to type that while driving...

What's the trick?
    You cant hit the button on your headset to disconnect the call?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    You cant hit the button on your headset to disconnect the call?
    That may be the problem, no button on the wired headset I was using....
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlamb View Post
    That may be the problem, no button on the wired headset I was using....
    Then I guess, you might have to fumble around for a bit or dont breathe or talk until the other person disconnects. You could always just be a jerk to whoever you are talking to so they hang up.
    If you open the slider (or close it?) will it not "light up"?

My Pre will.
    On Pre - I had a Patch to disconnect call with power button and disconnect with closed slider (and open keyboard slider to answer). I am not sure if any of these are available for veer but you can check.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

My Pre will.
    on Pre it was fastest way to unlock phone!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

My Pre will.
    It did not light up when I opened it...
    I am having the same problem. Any help would be nice. Seems somewhat random 50% of the time, for me. Highly annoying. This is the one thing that may cause me to take the phone back
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I installed the patch that makes the power button disconnect the call. Works great!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    thanks Gamoses. I posted the problem on the bug list probably would be good if everyone with the problem confirms it.
    Where do I find an app called preware? A friend said this is the place to go if I need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn0591 View Post
    Where do I find an app called preware? A friend said this is the place to go if I need help.

1. Preparation:
    • You will need a PC or Mac that is connected to the internet, and the USB cable that came with your phone.
    • Use this link to make sure you have the latest version of Java running on your computer. Update your Java to the latest version if needed.
    • Download the Universal Novacom Installer from Canuck Coding to your computer.
    • Download the Preware Installer to your computer.

2. Install Novacom Drivers on your computer

Run the Universal Novacom Installer program now to install the drivers needed for your computer to recognize your webOS device.

Choose the “download” option. The installer will download the appropriate Novacom drivers.

After downloading, the correct Novacom drivers will be installed on your computer.

3. Put your phone is Developer Mode
    • All versions of webOS can be placed in developer mode by using the keyboard to type “webos20090606” without the quotes. (Note: There are other codes and methods, but this is the shortest and easiest to remember because it’s the date that the first webOS was launched). If you had an iPhone or Droid, you’d be doing something scary like Jailbreaking or Rooting. But, Palm created Dev Mode to make things easy for developers.

• Tap the Dev mode app and turn the switch “on”. If your phone is running webOS version 1.x it will force your phone to reboot. Devices running 2.x and higher will simply hesitate for a few seconds and then continue operating normally. If it asks you about a password, ignore it and just tap the “submit” button. You are now in developer mode and there is no harm in leaving it this way.

4. Install Preware:
    • Plug your phone in to a USB port on your computer.
    • Choose “just charge” when the phone prompts you.
    • Run the Preware Installer program you previously downloaded.
    [img]http://forums.precentral.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=58086&stc=1&d=1307647465[img]

• After installation, you will find the Preware app icon on your device at the bottom of the left-most launcher page.
    • Tap the Preware icon. Tap “Yes” when asked about file association.

After loading various feeds, you will see a catalog of apps and patches for you to explore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/10/2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn0591 View Post
    Thanks! I think. That looks like a lot but i'll give it a try.
    So easy, a caveman can do it.
    Keep your hand away from the top right corner, proximity sensor is picking up your hand/finger. Happens to me sometimes on the Pre.

I usually hang up by throwing away the card, so I am just swiping up from the gesture area.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...