Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, after a couple weeks I dont have any scratches on my Veer at all . I always had screen protectors on my phone because i'd hate to have a scratch in the screen. I made that mistake with my original Pre. About a week ago I ordered a Skinomi screen protector just to be sure I dont get any scratches, and I applied it last night. Did any of you Veer owners scratch or scuff your screens yet?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Hey guys, after a couple weeks I dont have any scratches on my Veer at all . I always had screen protectors on my phone because i'd hate to have a scratch in the screen. I made that mistake with my original Pre. About a week ago I ordered a Skinomi screen protector just to be sure I dont get any scratches, and I applied it last night. Did any of you Veer owners scratch or scuff your screens yet?
    No scratches yet. Also this screen very visible in the day light
    So far nothing appears as a scratch. I tend not to throw the phone in a pocket with anything else, anyway.

I think I'll forgo a screen protector, but I wouldn't mind getting a skin or silicone case (or maybe just a lanyard) for this white Veer as it's definitely a slick one.
    Dropped mine on a steel staircase, followed by a concrete sidewalk, yesterday.

No scratches on the face of the display, but there is a very small pit in the upper-right corner, on the side of the glass where it dips into the bezel.

The fact that the face isn't scratched is nothing short of a miracle, though; this was the third drop of my Veer, and aside from that tiny side-of-glass pit, the screen is perfect.
    Wow, that's a pretty dramatic testament to the durability of the gorilla glass!

So far, mine has no scratches. But I haven't dropped it either.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    What do you think of the Skinomi screen protector? I have always put the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD on my phones but ZAGG doesn't have it for the Veer 4G. I'm looking for a good screen protector for the Veer 4G. Any help is much appreciated!
  7.    #7  
    I like Skinomi products, as long as you follow the directions its rather easy to apply. It does say to let the skin dry for 12-24 hours without using the phone, but theres no way i can do that. There might be imperfections at first, but it goes to normal after the first couple days of usage.

I also dropped my phone on the street, i have 2 little pits on the back cover, but nothing happened to the screen at all luckily.
    Last edited by Trader05; 06/08/2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Can I get the Skinomi skin via Amazon? I think I've seen it there.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    The Glass on the Veer is amazingly well built. Much better than the Pre 2 & the slight convex shape works great with flicking also.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Loving the screen, except when there's a little moisture.
    Not only scratch-resistant, but so much nicer to use! A world of difference from the Pre- plastic IMHO.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

No scratches on the face of the display, but there is a very small pit in the upper-right corner, on the side of the glass where it dips into the bezel.

The fact that the face isn't scratched is nothing short of a miracle, though; this was the third drop of my Veer, and aside from that tiny side-of-glass pit, the screen is perfect.
    Ummm...you bought insurance, right?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
    Can I get the Skinomi skin via Amazon? I think I've seen it there.
    Yes there, ebay, or directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

Pretty lucky there.

Just because it's scratch resistant doesn't mean it's shatter resistant!
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Ummm...you bought insurance, right?
    What, with the Pre3 right around the corner? Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Pretty lucky there.

Just because it's scratch resistant doesn't mean it's shatter resistant!
    Truth!
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I am usually paranoid about my phone. I have the Otterbox case and the screen film on my Pre Plus. I want scratch and drop protection. If there is a thin skin that helps the phone survive a drop I would like to know. If I ever start using the TouchRock charger, I figure the Otterbox (or any protective case) will be a problem. Is anyone using a case with the charger (or is it too early for Veer cases) ?
    I wouldn't get drop happy guys. Gorrilla glass is good, but drop it in the wrong place and the wrong angle and it WILL shatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I wouldn't get drop happy guys. Gorrilla glass is good, but drop it in the wrong place and the wrong angle and it WILL shatter.
    I can confirm that... Received the Veer yesterday, unlocked it using DigitalUnlock (works like charm!) passed it on to my wife and tadaaaa... The veer fell directly on the gorilla glas...

Don't ask if I bought insurance > US import to Switzerland...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anybody baked one in an oven yet? The Veer is seemingly the replacement for the Pixi, can it live up to the legend?
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    I can confirm that... Received the Veer yesterday, unlocked it using DigitalUnlock (works like charm!) passed it on to my wife and tadaaaa... The veer fell directly on the gorilla glas...

Don't ask if I bought insurance > US import to Switzerland...
    Thats so SAD!! Aww does the touchscreen still work?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast