Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    touchscreen still works, but who wants to look through a spiderweb all the time...

anyone needs a test unit? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    touchscreen still works, but who wants to look through a spiderweb all the time...

She could just say she doesn't like it
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    She could just say she doesn't like it
    That's what I told her as well...

OT: Anyone know a good bargain for a white veer ?

But back to the thread topic now - more experiences on the gorilla glas?
    I can confirm that... Received the Veer yesterday, unlocked it using DigitalUnlock (works like charm!) passed it on to my wife and tadaaaa... The veer fell directly on the gorilla glas...

Don't ask if I bought insurance > US import to Switzerland...
    Double confirm... My Veer fell directly on its face on to concrete... Crazy spiderweb.

Womp womp womp.

Asurion replacement $50 deductible.

Womp womp womp.
    just out of curiosity how many of these dropping veer problems are with the white veer? I noticed when I played with the white one at BB it fell out of my hands rather easily but I was over a counter so no big deal. Went with the black one.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
    What do you think of the Skinomi screen protector? I have always put the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD on my phones but ZAGG doesn't have it for the Veer 4G. I'm looking for a good screen protector for the Veer 4G. Any help is much appreciated!
    I've done both ZAGG and Skinomi and I vastly prefer the Skinomi. It seems a little more "stealthy" to me - less tacky, seems thinner, but still stays put and protects perfectly. Total personal preference, of course, but to me the Skinomi is the more refined product.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I always do screen protectors. Even on phones with gorilla glass. I have seen gorilla glass scratched many times. I purchased the skinomi from amazon and put it on the back. The front has a Zagg on it. The skinomi is super slippery. I kept bumbling my phone when trying to use it. I took it off the back shortly after putting it on. The Zagg on the front is actually an iPhone 4 one that I custom cut down. I used the don't text while driving sheet as a template. It works very well just kind of tacky. It tends to unlock in my pocket more often now. I am thinking of trying the skinomi on the front since it was so slippery but I did a great job with the Zagg and I would hate to disturb it to have a worse one.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    just out of curiosity how many of these dropping veer problems are with the white veer? I noticed when I played with the white one at BB it fell out of my hands rather easily but I was over a counter so no big deal. Went with the black one.
    Black Veer... smashed...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Y..you...you guys...you guys are scaring me. /No more Veer Violence :'(
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

... For free? Sure do. :P
    update... Asurion replacement ordered 230p PST on Fri. Arrived Monday morning. As satisfied as I can be
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Well guys that's the thing about tempered glass. its extremely strong fromt he front, but the slightest tap on an edge and it will shatter violently. Chemically hardened or not.
    Plastic may scratch easily, but generally speaking the bond is just as strong from all angles. so if you do end up cracking your plastic screen it is typically contained to the area of impact.
    My suggestion is don't drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Thats so SAD!! Aww does the touchscreen still work?
    HIGHLY doubtful one could get so lucky again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Loving the screen, except when there's a little moisture.
    when there is moisture screen touches itself right?

But iphone screens works well with moisture?

Chris
    I love the gorilla glass. I won't be using protection and unfortunately have already dropped the phone three times. I have a couple of small dents in the side, but the screen remains perfect.
    I just picked up a one week used Veer from someone on craigslist and it has some scratches that are noticeable when the screen is off OR when the screen has a light colored background

He must have kept the phone in the same pocket as his keys because I've had my Pre 2 since around December and there isn't one scratch on it..
    wow that sucks. I would prefer not to have a screen protector and it seems that I could never install them to my anal satsfaction. Always seem to have some kind of darn bubble...best soltion tho not always convenient is to use my pre plus pouch.
    Oh man, you're making me sad. How are you treating your phones? Makes you glad you didn't buy a Pre3, though... Guess one more reason to go with cheaper smartphones ^^

@zwergholdrio: Tell me about it. Can't find any white Veers in Germany
    I broke my glass also. We can't find anyone but hp to fix it and they want $200. Where did you get your glass replaced?
    Where did you get your glass fixed? Hp costs $200 - :[
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast