1.    #1  
    AT&T signal strength was not that good around my area for years, we usually get 2 bar, sometime 3 bars if you are lucky. but everything is working.

I got my Veer last week. I found the with Veer, I can only get 1 bar, something 2. a lot of time, it just tell me no service and keep searching for network. I compare with my wife's iPhone 3gs and she get 2-3 bar consistently. A lot of time, I can't even make a phone call.

I am wondering if any other Veer owner has the same issue as me. Is this a common problem or it is just my device. I am thinking of contact AT&T to get a replacement.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    i only get one bar at home, but have been connecting fine
    but i wasn't on AT&T before, so i don't know if it's just me
    i'm seriously considering returning the Veer for this very reason :-(
    that, and i miss my Sprint data prices
    At my house, I get about the same signal strength as my wife's iPhone 4 with my Veer.
    Same here, I was thinking whether I got a dud or not. I've read several reviews that say that the Veer had great reception, but I'm not getting very good reception. I'm getting 1 - 2 bars, rarely goes above halfway when on 3G. One thing I did find is that when the phone drops back to EDGE it goes almost 3/4 of the way. Seems the phone has issues with 3G or 3G reception isn't too good in my area, I've been using mainly 2G phones until recently and never had reception issues.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Mine is about the same as my HTC Inspire. Haven't had any problems with reception yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    At my house, I get about the same signal strength as my wife's iPhone 4 with my Veer.
    I am in the same boat, my iPhone 4 and my fiancÚs iPhone 4 are getting about equal reception to my Veer.
    I get about the same signal strength as my wife's iPhone 4 with my Veer.
    I am in the same boat, my iPhone 4 and my fiancÚs iPhone 4 are getting about equal reception to my Veer.
    Same? So, it's weak...

Well, I dream with webOS and the Nokia reception and battery... Putz... there is no comparison...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by veerNewbie View Post
    AT&T signal strength was not that good around my area for years, we usually get 2 bar, sometime 3 bars if you are lucky. but everything is working.

I got my Veer last week. I found the with Veer, I can only get 1 bar, something 2. a lot of time, it just tell me no service and keep searching for network. I compare with my wife's iPhone 3gs and she get 2-3 bar consistently. A lot of time, I can't even make a phone call.

I am wondering if any other Veer owner has the same issue as me. Is this a common problem or it is just my device. I am thinking of contact AT&T to get a replacement.
    One thing to remember is that the only time the bar count is important is when you are on a call. Otherwise it is an estimate based on only one of three metrics. That was one of the lesser issues in the iPhone4 antenna-gate last year. In their first update they "fixed" the problem of reporting more bars than available in areas with low or weak coverage.

So the best test is to make calls from the phones you are comparing at the same time. Even then they are representing a number in 20% increments (100% over 5 bars) so a variation from 61% (3 bars) to 59% (2bars?) would change the graphic.

So if the call goes through, doesn't drop, and sounds good on both ends you are probably ok. If there are issues on only one hone while on a call that lasts for more than a few seconds... then you have concern.