1.    #1  
    Yep. Those are the EXACT words in the product sales/training PDF. I'm cutting & pasting the exact words below:

Intenders are current feature phone users who intend to upgrade to a smartphone in the near future.

Who is a Smartphone Intender?
    • 45% male, 55% female
    • 50% of them are between 18 and 34 years old
    • Feeling left out of new technology
    • View themselves as "technology-savvy" and familiar with services like Facebook and Google
    • Smartphone Intenders are twice as likely to be undecided about which smartphone brand to purchase!

What is the opportunity?
    • They're ready to step up to a smartphone
    • They haven't decided on a smartphone brand
    • Almost half of all smartphone sales for 2011 will be to first-time and feature phone users, presenting a great selling opportunity

The Best Smartphone Intender Solution
    HP webOS is the great solution for first-time smartphone users[1]
    • 72% expect on-the-go access to the full Internet
    • 64% want instant access to email, Facebook, calls, texting, social media, and more
    • 55% need easy access to high-quality applications
    • 55% look for a small and sleek smartphone

[1] Online Quantitative Purchase Intent Study fielded by Russell Research, Nov 1 2010

There it is, straight from the horse's mouth.
    Does the training document explain exactly how the Veer addresses this segment of the market?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Does the training document explain exactly how the Veer addresses this segment of the market?
    see list
    • 72% expect on-the-go access to the full Internet
    • 64% want instant access to email, Facebook, calls, texting, social media, and more
    • 55% need easy access to high-quality applications
    • 55% look for a small and sleek smartphone
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I suppose it addresses the segment in exactly the same way as, say, the XPeria X10 Mini or Galaxy Mini or any other small smartphone by any other manufacturer
    • people who have a dislike of big screens
    • people who like a slim, tiny design for something so powerful
    • people who don't follow the crowd in terms of hypability
    • people who think lists to analyze the typical audience are nonsensical
    That's exactly how I feel I live in Canada and bought a pixi plus and it's awesome I have having everything other people have specially when it comes down to smartphones.