webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > How to bypass HP Veer 4G ?
How to bypass HP Veer 4G ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brendu

Old 06/07/2011, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

I am in Vietnam. I just bought a HP Veer AT&T from US but I can't use with this our country carrier. Now I want to bypass with no simcard to.
antondat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2011, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

You want to use it as a developer phone? Or you want to unlock it to use 2G on your carrier of choice?

For developer mode, at the insert SIM screen, type #* The dialer will come up. Finish with DEVMODE#

For unlocking, here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...talunlock.html
bnceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by sburlbaw, smackead
Old 06/07/2011, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

@bnceo:Yes, I want use as developer phone. I was try #*DEVMODE# but not appear Developer Mode screen. This can apply for Pre2
antondat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2011, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had trouble with this at first too. If you are trying to type the code using the keyboard that wont work. Follow these steps.

1. at "insert SIM" screen using the keyboard type: BZ (those are the buttons for #*)

2. when the phone dialer appears use the screen to type: 3386633#

That should do it!
brendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gderoiste likes this.
Thanked by gderoiste, ScottMGS
Old 06/17/2011, 03:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

sorry to hijack this but i have a unlocked ATT pre+ on 2.1 and need to bypass activation too.

My story: i have a tmobile sim with no data plan (no internet that's why i cant activate my existing palm profile). Now I just need to find a way to get the internet to work so I can use my sim to activate the phone.

(i saw mentions about use as a developer phone... what is it? i tried and phone get into developer mode but what do i do from there?)
JanJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2011, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

many thanks for this ... it was a bit confusing for me as I had a german keyboard so it is BY instead of BZ...
gderoiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2011, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
sorry to hijack this but i have a unlocked ATT pre+ on 2.1 and need to bypass activation too.

My story: i have a tmobile sim with no data plan (no internet that's why i cant activate my existing palm profile). Now I just need to find a way to get the internet to work so I can use my sim to activate the phone.

(i saw mentions about use as a developer phone... what is it? i tried and phone get into developer mode but what do i do from there?)
Same thing works on 2.1 on legacy devices.

Hit the dial button after entering #*DEVMODE#.

If you need to log on to a profile after bypassing, enable Wi-Fi then run the Gesture Tutorial.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2011, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
If you need to log on to a profile after bypassing, enable Wi-Fi then run the Gesture Tutorial.
I don't see how this would work. I tried it, though, and I still can't figure out how to create a Palm Profile (or whatever HP's name for it is) without a sim card. Any ideas? Thanks.
ScottMGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendu View Post
I had trouble with this at first too. If you are trying to type the code using the keyboard that wont work. Follow these steps.

1. at "insert SIM" screen using the keyboard type: BZ (those are the buttons for #*)

That should do it!
hey guys thanks for the tips came across this forum and im in the same situation im in colombia i bought 3 veers cant get them to work cause that plam profile screen shows my phones are unlocked but didnt get a chance to create a palm profile now ill try that devmode code and see what happens, i should be able to use the phone normally after that right? thanks guys!
terco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
I don't see how this would work. I tried it, though, and I still can't figure out how to create a Palm Profile (or whatever HP's name for it is) without a sim card. Any ideas? Thanks.
Bit of a delayed answer, but I think what Toni was saying is that once you actually want to activate your Profile, you would need to insert your sim card, then do the gesture tutorial.
Old 12/12/2012, 06:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendu View Post

That should do it!
dallyco is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0