1.    #1  
    Does the Veer come with Nav in the box? I mean with turn by turn with voice, like Sprint Navigation?

I'm asking specifically about the AT&T version...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/07/2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    There is ATT Navigator on it, it does turn by turn directions. There is a monthly cost with that though.
  3.    #3  
    ok, thanks. I'll look into it.
  4.    #4  
    does it have Google Maps that tracks your position via GPS? That would be good enough.
  5.    #5  
    nDrive? Looks like that is $50!
    First month of the AT&T Nav is free, so it's worth checking out. It looks identical to the Sprint Nav to me (same provider), the difference being that it runs *beautifully* on the Veer compared with my Pre minus. Faaaast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    does it have Google Maps that tracks your position via GPS? That would be good enough.
    yes
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, 10$ a month makes a lot more sense.
    I don't think I ever said that I was planning to pay $10/month, thank you.
    Unless you are planning to leave the Veer in a couple of months $10 each and every month vs a one time $50 fee??.?. I would opt for the one time fee
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by landford View Post
    Unless you are planning to leave the Veer in a couple of months $10 each and every month vs a one time $50 fee??.?. I would opt for the one time fee
    I think I would opt for Google Maps...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Hmm, I don't see ndrive in the catalog at the moment on my Veer.
    Surprised no one has mentioned just how awfully Google Maps runs on webOS. The Veer is awesome, but GMaps isn't going to do the job well (if at all) for navigation. You're going to have to eat the cost of NDrive or TeleNav (AT&T Nav) if you want a good experience, OP.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned just how awfully Google Maps runs on webOS. The Veer is awesome, but GMaps isn't going to do the job well (if at all) for navigation. You're going to have to eat the cost of NDrive or TeleNav (AT&T Nav) if you want a good experience, OP.
    Are you still beta testing NDrive? Mind an update/new-thread on how it's working for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Are you still beta testing NDrive? Mind an update/new-thread on how it's working for you?
    Had big plans to test it a couple weekends ago and put it through its paces ... But I had some trouble that was mostly user error and haven't been driving since. Can't say right now ... Very cool app but first use was a disaster. More info as use continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I agree that Gmaps isn't a navigation solution, but I've been pleasantly suprised how well it runs on the Veer. No comparison to the minus.