Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I am one of the announced Veer Peers just like PreCentral's own Jonathan and Tim. I have been featured in the WebOS Weekly post twice now, but I just wanted to inform anyone who was interested that all my dealings with the program can be found at The Great webOS Test! .

On a second note, I also made a quick print ad for the Veer, and I was hoping to get some feedback. So hit the site to check it out.

I want to say thanks to everyone who checks out and the site, and I am very excited to be apart of this great community! I am sure I will be needing some help from you guys!

-Moe-
    Holy frap quick somebody call a doctor the veer's been run-through with a katana

Nice reviews though, looking forward to updates.

Wait, the Veer doesn't have keyboard backlighting? Yikes.
    Turn your brightness up, the Veer keyboard is back lit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeferd View Post
    Hey guys, I am one of the announced Veer Peers just like PreCentral's own Jonathan and Tim. I have been featured in the WebOS Weekly post twice now, but I just wanted to inform anyone who was interested that all my dealings with the program can be found at The Great webOS Test! .

On a second note, I also made a quick print ad for the Veer, and I was hoping to get some feedback. So hit the site to check it out.

I want to say thanks to everyone who checks out and the site, and I am very excited to be apart of this great community! I am sure I will be needing some help from you guys!

-Moe-
    How were you notified that you were in the program and do you have to pay anything for the phone (or give it back)?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Turn your brightness up, the Veer keyboard is back lit.
    The device I was sent, has been having a few issues, I am being sent a new one. I did notice after I posted the piece involving the backlight, I managed to get what looked like a flicker from the keyboard, but thought I was going crazy. Perhaps my Veer backlight just has a short.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    How were you notified that you were in the program and do you have to pay anything for the phone (or give it back)?
    I actually started the WebOSTest.com site before I was ever accepted for any program. I had an idea to run this real world challenge of the new devices, and I began to pitch the idea to anyone who would listen. Eventually an online sales rep forwarded my site to Jon Zilber. The rest just fell into place.

As for monetary involvement, no, I did not have to pay for the device. It is not mine to keep, however. It is more along the lines of a lengthy review unit loan. I do not have a set date to return the device, but it is not mine to keep indefinitely either.

Any other questions?
    I am a veer peer too!

Just got the veer and will be putting it to work shortly!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I'm a Pre2 Buckaroo, but only my closest friends are allowed to call me that.
    Moe found my battery lasted longer after I let my battery die all the way (so it shut off) and then charged it up to 100%. After this battery life significantly improved.
    So jealous of you Veer Peers! Glad you've joined the discussion here.
    Idea: go to one of your fav establishments and get lots of pictures of you getting phone numbers of hotties. Now that will sell phones! ;-)
    Oops, just saw that fiance reference on your site. Maybe phone numbers of hotties is not such a good idea. Then again...
    It's always good to have a backup plan!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I'm a Veer Winneer, 50 bucks off contract is practically free.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    Moe found my battery lasted longer after I let my battery die all the way (so it shut off) and then charged it up to 100%. After this battery life significantly improved.
    I figured my battery would get better after a few discharges, but it just cant compete with my iPhone. It is just something I will need to get used to. I did grab a couple of Touchstone chargers at the Verizon sale the other day, so that will probably help tremendously.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    Idea: go to one of your fav establishments and get lots of pictures of you getting phone numbers of hotties. Now that will sell phones! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    Oops, just saw that fiance reference on your site. Maybe phone numbers of hotties is not such a good idea. Then again...

I don't think that girl snapping is such a great idea. I live in Tennessee, which has been rated as one of the heftiest states in the union.

Not to mention that my fiance is much more athletic than I am, so there is no way I could outrun her if the need arose...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I am a veer peer too!

Just got the veer and will be putting it to work shortly!
    What are you adding to the Veer Peer community, and where can I find it?
    I am trying to keep up with what my colleagues are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeferd View Post
    What are you adding to the Veer Peer community, and where can I find it?
    I am trying to keep up with what my colleagues are doing.
    I have been tweeting about it and facebooking. I have a small group of "palm"/tech enthusiasts in a FB page. We are closely knit. Just around 60 ppl only.

I am going to do a write up once I get the hang of it for a local tech site Technoodling | Hungry for Tech!

I will put it here once I am done
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I have been tweeting about it and facebooking. I have a small group of "palm"/tech enthusiasts in a FB page. We are closely knit. Just around 60 ppl only.
    I can still remember how active this small group was back about 10 years ago. Those were the days. And the beamfests! :P

Can't wait 'til the Veer and the TouchPad are available locally!
  20.    #20  

I am going to do a write up once I get the hang of it for a local tech site Technoodling | Hungry for Tech!

I will put it here once I am done
    Sounds like an awesome way to spend some time!
    The Veer Peers Are Rocking PreCentral!

Props to Rennat for the sig pic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast