Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Dic Doc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #1  
    I bought a Veer just to try out AT&T while I kept my Sprint Pre- active as my main phone. I created a new Palm Profile linked to a different e-mail address but I synched all of the same accounts (home, work email and calendar, facebook, etc.). It worked flawlessly. However, when trying the "Just Type" feature, I created new google calendar events on the Veer. A few days later I almost missed an appointment because I checked my Pre- and the event wasn't there. I checked Google online (which I rarely do) and the events weren't there either. I have since returned the phone, trying to hold out for a Pre3, but I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

    I know, I should have tested several different scenarios, but I returned the phone and only just now thought of asking for help....
  2. greg.hoch's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2  
    I made a similar experience with syncing contacts to google. Usually everything works fine but the chances I made to this one contact just wont sync over to google. Over contacts work fine but I have tried with this one contact countless times....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    I made a similar experience with syncing contacts to google. Usually everything works fine but the chances I made to this one contact just wont sync over to google. Over contacts work fine but I have tried with this one contact countless times....
    If you make changes to a reoccuring event, it doesnt syn properly, esp if the change was only in one reoccurance, while the rest were left untouched. Best to do it on pre and then sync to google calendar. If you do it on a laptop, then the whole event may be screwed.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4. Dic Doc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #4  
    The events I added were single occurence events. But isn't this a major issue for people? I usually only use my phone to check my schedule, and I will have only one phone to look at in the future, but my wife views my schedule on her phone, so it needs to synch.

    At least I would like to know if this is a known issue that hp is working on. I searched the forums and didn't see anyone else bring this up.
  5. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #5  
    I know that people had mentioned a flaw in 2.1, where the calendar would only sync up to about three months out, which is a HUGE problem, but since I haven't heard anyone squawk about that lately, I assumed it was fixed. (I am still on 1.4.5 with my Pixi+) Maybe this is still the case that Google Calendar and webOS 2.x aren't playing so nice together, yet. (?)
    tim
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I know that people had mentioned a flaw in 2.1, where the calendar would only sync up to about three months out, which is a HUGE problem, but since I haven't heard anyone squawk about that lately, I assumed it was fixed. (I am still on 1.4.5 with my Pixi+) Maybe this is still the case that Google Calendar and webOS 2.x aren't playing so nice together, yet. (?)
    You can fix that with a patch now!
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You can fix that with a patch now!
    The good news is, I don't need to fix it; I'm still on 1.4.5.

    The bad news is, I'm still on 1.4.5.
    tim
  8. klynn's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #8  
    Google sync is THE major issue for me. Since Palm decided not to support Outlook syncing I was forced (kicking and screaming) to move everything to Google. I'm still on my Pixi Plus/webOS 1.4.5 and it works fine but have been hearing nothing but trouble with this on 2.x versions. And now, apparently not working on their latest release.....scary!

    Quite frankly, if it doesn't work smoothly by the release of the Pre3 I'm thinking of going to an iPhone and going back to Outlook. Since HP is touting Pre3 as a business phone they had better have all cloud syncing working smoothly or it wil be a FAIL for business users......
  9. klynn's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You can fix that with a patch now!
    Patches are not the answer as far as I'm concerned. I'm not technically comfortable with messing with my phone beyond just adding apps. If HP intends to leave major bug fixes to others then I'll have to move another platform. Uhg......
  10. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Google sync is THE major issue for me. Since Palm decided not to support Outlook syncing I was forced (kicking and screaming) to move everything to Google. I'm still on my Pixi Plus/webOS 1.4.5 and it works fine but have been hearing nothing but trouble with this on 2.x versions. And now, apparently not working on their latest release.....scary!
    Exactly how I feel. My wife keeps asking me why I don't get the Veer, since I've spent so much time investigating it, and this is the number one reason. What I currently have works. Not fast, but works.
    tim
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Google sync is THE major issue for me. Since Palm decided not to support Outlook syncing I was forced (kicking and screaming) to move everything to Google. I'm still on my Pixi Plus/webOS 1.4.5 and it works fine but have been hearing nothing but trouble with this on 2.x versions. And now, apparently not working on their latest release.....scary!
    I decided that my contacts were worth it to buy Pocket Mirror so I could continue to sync them with Outlook. It is overpriced for the market, but easily the best money spent for an app from the catalog.

    Also, you could consider putting your contacts in a different email account than gmail. Most services let you import/export, relay email, etc. So you could put your contacts in hotmail, for example. The only downside to hotmail is that they limit you to 1,000 contacts. Not necessarily great if you use gmail from your PC a lot. But if you do it mostly from your phone, it is easy to sync just contacts from one and just messages from another... Synergy really shines with stuff like that.
  12. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I decided that my contacts were worth it to buy Pocket Mirror so I could continue to sync them with Outlook. It is overpriced for the market, but easily the best money spent for an app from the catalog.

    Also, you could consider putting your contacts in a different email account than gmail. Most services let you import/export, relay email, etc. So you could put your contacts in hotmail, for example. The only downside to hotmail is that they limit you to 1,000 contacts. Not necessarily great if you use gmail from your PC a lot. But if you do it mostly from your phone, it is easy to sync just contacts from one and just messages from another... Synergy really shines with stuff like that.
    Agreed, but this entire problem actually started for many of us when webOS and Yahoo Calendar wouldn't sync up. I've left my email and contacts on Yahoo, but was forced to find an alternate calendar. Google has filled in nicely here, but in 2.x, it doesn't sync properly. Again, if we are moving to "updates" of system software, we should not be going backwards and losing things we already had.

    While I agree you could go purchase a very expensive program to do that, I don't feel I should have to just to get functionality I already have in 1.4.5. That, to me, is NOT an upgrade, and that is why I will NOT be buying a new webOS device this month. If they can solve that one, I'm probably in.
    tim
  13. Dic Doc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #13  
    Well, I took my original Veer back in June, trying to hold out for the Pre3, but after dropping my Pre (-) last week and the gesture area stopped working, I decided to go ahead and switch. I have had a new Veer for two days, and I have tested making calendar entries, and all of them are correctly syncing to Google Calendar. So I don't know what the original problem was, but all seems OK. Just wanted to pass that along.
  14. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    Well, I took my original Veer back in June, trying to hold out for the Pre3, but after dropping my Pre (-) last week and the gesture area stopped working, I decided to go ahead and switch. I have had a new Veer for two days, and I have tested making calendar entries, and all of them are correctly syncing to Google Calendar. So I don't know what the original problem was, but all seems OK. Just wanted to pass that along.
    Have you tried anything out into the future by (let's say) a year? That would be what we are needing to know. If you could please put in a couple of events into July, 2012, one from your PC, the other from your Veer. Then, sync up your calendars and see what the results are.

    Thanks again for the feedback. Looking forward to what you find out, as this is the single biggest reason I haven't jumped yet!
    tim
  15. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I just saved a test appointment on my white Veer under Google account A, one year from today.
    Sync'd.
    Google account A is sync'd with Google account B.
    Grabbed the black Veer, sync'd the Calendar of Google account B and went to July 18th 2012.

    Test event was there.
    Well, that sounds like it should work then, eh?

    Thanks, GFN. I might have to finally pull the plug on my trusty (but slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) Pixi.
    tim
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I just saved a test appointment on my white Veer under Google account A, one year from today.
    Sync'd.
    Google account A is sync'd with Google account B.
    Grabbed the black Veer, sync'd the Calendar of Google account B and went to July 18th 2012.

    Test event was there.
    Always nice to have multiple devices to test things on!

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Well, that sounds like it should work then, eh?

    Thanks, GFN. I might have to finally pull the plug on my trusty (but slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) Pixi.
    From Pre- to Veer has been great, coming from Pixi to Veer should be awesome!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Not really. It's my wife's. But I like the white one so much better I keep calling it mine.
    LOL that's what I meant, one of "my" devices is the wife's, she didn't wamt white though so we have 2 black ones... had hoped she would want a white one to give me an excuse to play with it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    You can fix that with a patch now!
    What is the name of the patch for the calender sync issue of the HP Veer please

Posting Permissions