Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to make the theme or background the days calendar and a to do list like in the Centro?

If not is there a way to sync the tasks with the calendar so it all comes up together with out opening two different apps?

Also is there a way to make recurring tasks? I did this all the time with my to do list in the Centro.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    i second these questions!
    i gotta say, i really miss my Centro :-( it was so FAST
    may still switch back within my 30-day guarantee
    themes/colors come through a homebrew app called Preware. Install that and you can theme up like crazy.

on the recurring thing, I bought Pocket Mirror and sync with outlook.

are you syncing with gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc? That may impact the answer. Also, what version of webOS?

lots of us are former Centro users.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Can webos 2.0 phones do themes yet?
    I'm a Centro user on a Pre Classic and I haven't been happier. With the exception of true document editing and creating calendar invites, I've been able to figure out how to do everything else. The multitasking makes the Pre light years beyond my productivity on the Centro, even with the missing functionality.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I use Done! for tasks that syncs with Toodledo which has an Outlook plugin. Can do recurring tasks and many other things with that app.
  7.    #7  
    I use gmail. But for the calendar and tasks I always just used my centro never used any calendar on my computer. I'm rather anti outlook I use mozilla for email and browser. I guess what I really want is when I pick up my phone with one glance I can see my days schedule both tasks and calendar.

nay siggestipns
    It's not exactly what you're asking for, but the Advanced system menu Today Menu patch will make it so when you tap / swipe down the time in the top menu your calendar will display in an agenda-like view. You'll need the framework patch & the today menu patch.
    what is your webOS version? The advabced systems patch is for 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Can webos 2.0 phones do themes yet?
    I believe so. I've got to doctor my Pre2 to confirm, but I am pretty sure you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe so. I've got to doctor my Pre2 to confirm, but I am pretty sure you can.
    Certain things can be themed but not the app launcher so I do not even bother with themes on my Unlocked 2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what is your webOS version? The advabced systems patch is for 2.x
    Well considering I have a veer, The webOS version is 2.1.2
  13.    #13  
    Well I tried installing the framework patch but I got an error stating it could not install. In the Log it states

Unable to run Command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    ----------------------------
    ---.orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    +++/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    ---------------------------
    File to patch:
    skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    Any ideas?

Something similar happened with uberkalendar

by the way I am online wifi
    The Tasks app is useless, at least on the Pre 2.

I have started putting appointments on the calendar as a workaround. At least I can do recurring tasks this way.
  15.    #15  
    Well I agree that the tasks app is pretty useless. Ended up buying digitasks. Any way I can get help with the error above I would like to work with some of those patches and see if I can make the calendar semi useful to me.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I'm a Centro user on a Pre Classic and I haven't been happier. With the exception of true document editing and creating calendar invites, I've been able to figure out how to do everything else. The multitasking makes the Pre light years beyond my productivity on the Centro, even with the missing functionality.
    Say cobrakon, or anyone else - do you know any way that we can get classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    The Tasks app is useless, at least on the Pre 2.

I have started putting appointments on the calendar as a workaround. At least I can do recurring tasks this way.
    I actually found a way to make the tasks app work quite well for me. I setup several categories (Sun-Sat) then I just move my tasks around from one to the other so they are on the day I planned them. (similar to setting the date on the old Palm OS). In every day I have an item --------------.
    If a task is more than a week away, I put it below that line.

Next since instead of prioritizing the items with 1-5 I just re-arrange them in the order I need them.

Now I can't imagine going back to the old way as this, for me, is much more efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    Well I tried installing the framework patch but I got an error stating it could not install. In the Log it states

Any ideas?

Something similar happened with uberkalendar

by the way I am online wifi
    Did you follow the installation instructions in the wiki? One of the first steps is to run EPR which removes all patches before installing the advanced patches to avoid conflicts. Also, the advanced calendar patch is not compatible with UberCalendar - it's an either or situation. UberCalendar includes most of what the adv calendar patch does plus a lot more so IMO it's the better choice.

The link to the wiki with installation instructions is in the first post here: http://m.forums.precentral.net/enlightened-linux-solutions/269550-patch-advanced-system-prefs-2-x.html
  19.    #19  
    ok so I tried installing ubercalendar again from preware. First I uninstalled my one and only patch ubercalendar mini. Then I tried to install ubercalendar still getting errors.
    1 out of 10 hunks failed
    2 out of 25 hunks failed.
    etc. What am I doing wrong?

What is EPR? did I need to install that before installing UberCalendar?
    My experience is before installing any of the "mega" patches like UberCalendar, Email MegaMix, the Advanced patches ... it's always best to run EPR first to avoid any conflicts. These patches touch so many things it's easy to have conflicts if all other patches aren't removed first. If you have any themes installed, make sure to remove them before running EPR (like the instructions for EPR say).

EPR is Emergency Patch Removal. Start preware, type emergency & press enter. EPR will be on that list. To make life easier, run Save / Restore first to save your preware installed stuff.

If you go to the wiki at http://m.forums.precentral.net/enlig...prefs-2-x.html you will get all these instructions & more.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast