Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    so I ran EPR but I still got the error.
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 25 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$29$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index e1ed3b4..bca47e6 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    when I try and install ubercalendar. I'm getting frustrated
    For task keeping, I've started using Today's Tasks. I wasn't a huge user of task lists beyond checklists on my PalmOS phones, so I can't say this will do all you want. It does allow color-coding of tasks, recurring tasks & has a feature to bump a task to the next day if you don't check it complete.
    @rit Stupid question - did you restart after the EPR? Did you have a theme installed & remove it before the EPR? Was UberCalendar the first patch you tried to install after running EPR & restarting & you got this error?

Wait a minute. I just reread your old posts. I saw you have a Veer. UberCalendar is not available for the Veer yet because MetaView & frantid don't have a Veer to test with.

Sconix's advanced patches do work though. Sorry I didn't notice which phone you had before.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    A quick response back to the orig. post. Sadly, the Native Tasks & Notes apps that ship with WebOS are mere toys compared to what we had with PalmOS. To remain happy with your new Veer, I'd strongly suggest reviewing the different alternatives available in the App catalogue for varying prices (ie: I believe the Chapura suite is free -- you have to pay when you wish to install the PC-sync [Outlook or Palm Desktop] client).

Personally, I'm using Chapura & find it works great for my needs, but, I only use my Phone for editing this data approx. 20% of the time (the other 80% is via Outlook) --> this is fairly different from the OP description.

Good luck & welcome to WebOS!
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  5.    #25  
    ok so before i try these different patches and apps are
    Chapura
    Today's Tasks
    Advance Patches
    Done!
    etc.
    compatible with the Veer.

Sort of afraid to try them after the UberCalendar problem and really having no way of knowing that it was just because it's not compatible with the veer. Or better yet is there anyway of knowing?
    One thing to know is that originally you wanted to get tasks added to your calendar. The only way to do that is by using Companion Link synching via Google. This will map your Outlook Tasks to Google calendar (and then synced to the phone) as untimed events. You can find more info about Companion Link here: Sync HP webOS with Outlook - Sync contacts and calendar -- CompanionLink Software Companion Link works very well - my wife uses it for her Outlook and is very happy.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $no$ $other$ $task$ $software$ $will$ $bring$ $tasks$ $into$ $the$ $calendar$. $None$ $of$ $the$ $ones$ $you$ $mentioned$ $or$ $Outline$ $Tracker$, $DigiTasks$, $any$ $of$ $the$ $Toodler$ $apps$, $Hivemind$, $etc$. $They$ $all$ $keep$ $the$ $tasks$ $in$ $their$ $own$ $database$. $Syncing$ $Outlook$ ($and$ $most$ $other$ $PIMs$) $via$ $Companion$ $Link$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $way$ $I$'$ve$ $found$ $to$ $do$ $this$.

They have a 14 day trial you can use to see if it will work for you. From the App Catalog, install the Conpanion Link app and then from the CompanionLink.com webpage, install on your computer the client appropriate for your PIM.
  7.    #27  
    From Companion Link

NOTE: Google does not directly support the synchronization of tasks. CompanionLink works around this by syncing Outlook tasks to the Google Calendar. If your end goal is to manage tasks on your device, we recommend one of our direct sync options.
    Note: The Palm Pre 2, HP Veer, and other webOS 2.0+ devices are currently incompatible with CompanionLink USB Sync. Syncing via Google is the current recommended solution.
    Well this solution doesn't look like it works on the veer. Sigh.
    pocket mirror should work on the veer. I have it on my Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    From Companion Link

Well this solution doesn't look like it works on the veer. Sigh.
    I SAID use the Google link solution. That one is compatible with all webOS devices as you just indicated in your quote.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    i spent all day moving my PalmOS calendar over to Google, what a headache
    really, really miss my Centro :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    pocket mirror should work on the veer. I have it on my Pre2.
    Yes, it does, but Pocket Mirror / Echo keep the tasks isolated in their own apps, not added to Calendar like @riw was originally asking for. Out of everything I've tried, Companion Link is the only product that does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    i spent all day moving my PalmOS calendar over to Google, what a headache
    really, really miss my Centro :-(
    Why didn't you just export it from Palm Desktop & then import into Google calendar? Nice, easy 2 step process.

Edit: When I read this reply in the morning, I realized it might sound smart-*ss. Just wanted to point out there's an easy way to do this.
    Last edited by govotsos; 06/08/2011 at 10:40 AM.
  13.    #33  
    so quick question:
    my understanding from what I read was that if I wanted to manage tasks on my phone I should use direct sync but this doesn't work for webos 2.x. what am I missing?
    so quick question:
    my understanding from what I read was that if I wanted to manage tasks on my phone I should use direct sync but this doesn't work for webos 2.x. what am I missing?
    Companion Link has 2 different versions: one for direct USB sync, and another for Google sync. You need the Google sync one. At the link above, about halfway down the screen, right below where it says "2 ways to sync with HP webOS" you see 2 tabs. One is labeled "Direct USB Sync" and the other is labeled "Sync via Google". Tap on the Google tab. Here you find the link for the 14 day trial.

The Google sync version takes your tasks & puts them in the Google calendar as untimed events. When you sync your Pre to Google all this comes to your phone (Calendar events & tasks both in your calendar). For the Google sync route, you do not need the Pre app since this all happens automagically through Synergy.

The difference between the Direct USB link (that you can't use) and the Google Sync is: Direct USB connects over USB, puts calendar & contacts in the Pre's calendar, and puts tasks & memos in Companion Link's proprietary app (CL USB sync) on the phone (which lets you manage tasks in a dedicated task app but they won't be in your calendar). The Google sync route puts Outlook's calendar, contact, and tasks into Google Calendar & contacts in Gmail over the internet. When you sync your phone, all this comes to your phone via Synergy. The Google sync route puts tasks in the calendar, but you can't manage them in a separate tasks app. That's the trade off between the two - where tasks get put & how you handle them.

There's another product that might confuse the issue a bit. Companion Link has Companion Link for Google Sync that syncs Outlook calendar, contacts, & tasks to Google's equivalents. Google has a product confusingly named Sync which only syncs calendar data. Try not to confuse Companion Link for Google Sync (which Google has nothing to do with) and Google Sync (which is a Google product that only syncs calendar. The main difference between using Companion Link and Google's own Sync product is the way tasks are handled. Companion Link adds them to your calendar, Google's Sync program ignores them. If you decide that tasks in your calendar are not necessary, Google's Sync will sync your Outlook calendar to Google calendar for free - but calendar only - nothing else. Companion Link syncs calendar, contacts, and tasks. The root page for Google's own (calendar only) sync product is here: http://www.google.com/support/calend...n&answer=98563

Sorry this has grown to be so long, but I tried to give you as full of an answer as possible. I also wanted to let you know about Google's own product and to try to make the difference between that & Companion Link clear. Hope this covers everything.
  15.    #35  
    Well this is why I can't install this patch

Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to install the Advanced System Preferences on my Veer for AT&T, running WebOS 2.1.2.

Unfortunately, every one of the four Framework patches failed to install. Should any of them have worked?

Thanks! Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system prefs patches for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    Starting May 31st, 2011, I will update and release my Advanced System patches for the HP Veer according to the amount of donations received. The donations go directly into development. I will use the donations to purchase for myself a HP Veer to replace my CDMA Pre- dev phone (which I cannot use for testing my patches; no CDMA network here). With this I will also start to support older versions of my patches in the future (currently, I only release fixes/updates for the version that I am using).

As a bonus, Oakridge Outdoors will give away a promo code for Music Player Remix to the person that donates the largest amount to Sconix between June 1st and 30th.

Thanks for all that have and will continue to support my development!

Donation Schedule - Current Total: 100e (~$140), first goal reached!

100e (~$140) Advanced System Menus patches will be in the feed on Sunday
    200e (~$285) I will update and release the Advanced System Behavior patch.
    300e (~$430) I will update and release the Advanced System Prefs patches.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Why didn't you just export it from Palm Desktop & then import into Google calendar? Nice, easy 2 step process.

Edit: When I read this reply in the morning, I realized it might sound smart-*ss. Just wanted to point out there's an easy way to do this.
    Palm D only exported as .dba, plus I wanted to keep all my categories without paying for an extra program. :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    If not is there a way to sync the tasks with the calendar so it all comes up together with out opening two different apps?

Also is there a way to make recurring tasks?
    Depending on what exactly you need to do, Outline Tracker may meet your needs. It cannot make tasks from the Tasks app appear in the Calendar app, but Outline Tracker tasks appear in the Calendar app. If you use Outline Tracker, you generally don't need to use the Tasks app. You cannot edit Outline Tracker tasks in the Calendar application, which may be what you were asking for.

Outline Tracker also supports recurring tasks and subprojects (when a task repeats, all its child tasks repeat as well).

You can try it out with Outline Tracker Free: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=1427
    Just to clarify the post above, Outline Tracker will only put tasks with a due date in the calendar. If that's OK, get Outline Tracker Free - it has all the features of the $19.99 full version with no ads, online sync to a free basecamp account - just limited to 50 tasks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12