1.    #1  
    Hi all,

A frank and good review of the Veer. The only shortcoming the reviewer has is the size of the Veer. Which means he'll love the Pre3. As I have read so many of the reviews of the Veer. The size is an issue for most reviewers. Yet, they are tech people. My take on it that the Veer is webOS's answer to the Centro a small entry level smartphone built for those who have never used a smartphone before.

Please use the link to reach the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

Review: HP Veer 4G
    by wayne.grayson,
    June 5th, 2011 12:16pm

Review: HP Veer 4G – Gadgetron - Tuscaloosa News - Tuscaloosa, AL - Archive

After the 4.3-inch screens on the HTC Evo 4G for Sprint and Motoís Droid X, were welcomed with open arms by consumers, manufacturers were given the green light to begin filling the market with larger screens like the 4.5-inch display on AT&Tís Samsung Infuse 4G (which weíll review here next week).

But one company thatís not getting caught up in this race for the biggest display is HP, who bought Palm and their delightful, but underselling, webOS phones. In an announcement that included the yet-to-be-released Pre 3 smartphone, with a 3.7-inch screen, and a 10.1-inch tablet called the TouchPad, HP unveiled the Veer 4G, a smartphone shorter than a packet of Taco Bellís red sauce.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    This was a good review. Pretty fair too, I went and checked out a Veer (dummy unit) at my local best buy. It seems too small for web browsing so i agree.
    Our BB had a real unit on display w/the security Dongle stuck right on top of the display defeating the usefulness of the demo unit. Best Buy...I wonder what genus came up with that notion.

Either way, I loved the size, slidder was Rock Solid, and wish I could have played with it more. Sorli...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    This was a good review. Pretty fair too, I went and checked out a Veer (dummy unit) at my local best buy. It seems too small for web browsing so i agree.
    Hi,

Since I will be going from a Centro I've had it with small screens, (don't get me wrong the Centro is a great workhorse). The Veer size works for itself and against itself.

When I was still using my Treo 600, I had inquired if they would allow me to have 2 phones on the same number,...which the FCC won't allow. I wanted to have the Treo during the work week and a Startac or something as small when I went out socially. (Of course I could have paid for 2 numbers)...there are times it's nice to have a very little phone....

I still think the Veer is great for anyone who needs an entry level smartphone and/or has never had a smartphone before.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The review said lots of stutter and freeze on Veer. Is that true?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am so tired of hearing this. I can use the full version of this forums site on my Veer just as easily as I used to be able to do it on my Pre. Without a magnifying glass. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer