Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just got my HP Veer. Im using it on an unsupported network so i used digital unlock to unlock it. Im having issues with my data connection. I can i go into dialer, preferences and then switch manual settings on and even enter my providers APN, however as soon as i exit it, it reverts back to the manual setting OFF position. Somehow i cant manage to save my APN. Any and i mean ANY help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know where CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 is located on HP Veer? Any help would be appreciated.
    Artichoke likes this.
    This file doesn't exist in 2.1.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ttings-13.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Just to make it clear, it's /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

I have an HP Veer. I dont have any 3G where i am. Every time i swipe the top i see Data connection is always turned off. Even after i turn it on it turns back off. Other settings like wifi, bluetooth can all be switched on/off correctly. Any idea why this is happening? Help would be appreciated.
    It this 2G roaming? If it is, you can go into the phone app, go to preferences and accounts on the top left drop down menu, and select that you would like to use data while roaming (or something like that).
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  6.    #6  
    I can switch manual settings on however as soon as i exit it, it reverts back to off position. I need to put in Manual APN. Any idea how i can do that? Thanks in advance.
  7.    #7  
    No its not roaming. Im in Pakistan. I had my HP bought from US and had it shipped to use here. Since we dont have 3G here i need to switch 2G on instead.
    <<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    In the manual APN settings, is there a provision to enter a proxy please? Or perhaps in the browser?
    NNJ
  10.    #10  
    In the manual APN settings there is a provision to enter proxy and i can enter it. BUT the issue is it doesnt save. When i enter my carriers APN and press change settings it does say network settings saved however every time i come back to this manual settings are off again.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Unlocked my hp veer 4g bought on amazon with digital unlock, im using it overseas, in Mexico to be accurate, 3G network frequencies are supported by my carrier in Mexico, however I cant get 3G DATA, no 3G Logo or whatsoever, just WiFi, I already edited the APN Settings Manually, but it returns with Invalid APN Setting, same APN Setting worked in other phones, any idea? hope somebody can help. Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by atomo007 View Post
    Unlocked my hp veer 4g bought on amazon with digital unlock, im using it overseas, in Mexico to be accurate, 3G network frequencies are supported by my carrier in Mexico, however I cant get 3G DATA, no 3G Logo or whatsoever, just WiFi, I already edited the APN Settings Manually, but it returns with Invalid APN Setting, same APN Setting worked in other phones, any idea? hope somebody can help. Thanks!
    This is EXACTLY whats happening to me. After days of talking with Palm, HP, my local carrier and AT&T it is found that apparently when we used digital unlock it unlocked ONLY the GSM and not the DATA. The DATA is still locked on AT&T.

Digital unlock has been helpful so far. Ive told them of this problem as they need to unlock the data as well. Am still waiting for them to revert back. Would help if you could also contact them. Keep your fingers crossed.
    It doesn't have any connection with unlock if unlock code is applied without any hacking and software unlocks.
    You have carrier db coruption or locked carriers settings db to only supported carriers like old Pre situation.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This is due to file corruption I think.
    Try extracting the carrierdb.json from the webOS Doctor, and sending it to your Veer with webOS QuickInstall to this dir: /etc/carrierdb/

Reboot and everything should work.
    I just had the same problem you describe (Data would be auto off on reboot), and fixed it this way.
    I hope it is nonsense. Im a fairly new to WebOS pretty but this is what my carrier is saying.

How does one extract the file thru webOS doctor?

Help would be appreciated
  15.    #15  
    Then your carrier is talking crap.

Change the jar extension to zip. Or use TotalCommander to access the contents of the jar file.

Please note though, that your previous post almost sounds as if Digital Unlock confirmed it had anything to do with the unlocking. Choose your words more carefully.
    I'm not the one using words like crap and nonsense that i need to be careful with words.

Relax man. I never said Dig unlock confirmed this. I said they've been helpful if anything at all. If it implied anything else then my apologizes.
  16.    #16  
    This is me being relaxed.
    Your posts are all over the place assuming things with no basis whatsoever.
    If anything, you're providing inaccurate information that may confuse new members of this forum.

And let me confirm it once again:
    - your carrier saying that DATA is still locked to AT&T equals .
    - you implying the problem lies with DigitalUnlock equals .

EDIT:
    Man hate to see you angry haha.

My posts are all over cuz im going crazy trying to get the data to work. I just passed on( and mentioned this) what i was told from my carrier. Anyways to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR.......digital unlock is a great service and more than helpful (As ALSO mentioned earlier)

Peace and thanks for the help(am trying what you said)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheharyarali View Post
    Man hate to see you angry haha.

My posts are all over cuz im going crazy trying to get the data to work. I just passed on( and mentioned this) what i was told from my carrier. Anyways to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR.......digital unlock is a great service and more than helpful (As ALSO mentioned earlier)

Peace and thanks for the help(am trying what you said)
    Carriers do have practice to lock data settings, and have more frequent practice to spread crap, especially when you tell them that you had unlocked your phone from their network
  18.    #18  
    Downloaded the WEBOS Doctor. Did what you said. There 3 folders
    com, META-INF and resources. None which have carrierdb.json in it. Should i just go ahead and run the software? It doesnt matter if it wipes my phone.
  19.    #19  
    I actually have tried 3 different carriers. Can put manual settings for all but none save. Am trying GUYFROMNAMs suggestion. Lets c where that takes me.
  20.    #20  
    No need really.
    Open resources\webOS.tar
    Open nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    It's here: nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\etc\carrierdb\carrierdb.json

Then start webOS QuickInstall.
    Choose Tools > Send File.
    Drop the file in the box, and enter as destination: /etc/carrierdb/

Reboot device.
    Followed the instructions. It says file transferred successfully. Restarted. Problem still there of being unable to save APN.

Even used Webdoctor to reinstall completely. Status still the same

Should i just give up or is there any hope? Atomo007 facing exactly the same problem as i am so its not just me.

Thanks
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast